Thread: comm failure

Post Likes

comm failure

Hi, I service a small Carrier 30GTN air cooled chiller for a lab. It goes into occasional (could be 3 months, could be 3 days) communications failure alarm. There is no associated alarm code for it, nothing on 'current alarm' or 'alarm history'. Nothing to reset except to cycle power and on it comes. I've disconnected the scrolling display and LEN plugs to where just the MBB stands alone and it still trips on comm fail. I've recently had a data logger on it to measure voltage to the board (logs every 1 second)...supposedly...I purchased it 2 months ago and when I downloaded it and then set it up again yesterday to data log, it no longer is recording....and it tripped again today on comm fail. but the display still show a min/max voltages and nothing popped out at me.

At this point any helpful ideas or same experiences would be welcome....thanx

Post Likes
    Is EMM option enabled?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    no EMM board, just the MBB. EMM board is disabled in in options

Post Likes
    We had a similar problem and someone had the EMM option enabled with no EMM board even installed and there is a firmware update that corrects some issues with comm loss. What's your comm voltage?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialTech View Post
    We had a similar problem and someone had the EMM option enabled with no EMM board even installed and there is a firmware update that corrects some issues with comm loss. What's your comm voltage?

4.5VDC in comm fail mode
    4.5VDC after power reset