Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

ALC Tech Update Seminar 2018, anyone going?

Anyone I know from here going to the ALC Tech update seminar next week?
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Anyone I know from here going to the ALC Tech update seminar next week?
    If I only didn't have the backlog of work with a Jan 1 deadline...have fun. Don't have the time! Haven't had alc training since '04!
    Tell 'em the Optiflex Virtual Integrator bl0ws.
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    If I only didn't have the backlog of work with a Jan 1 deadline...have fun. Don't have the time! Haven't had alc training since '04!
    Tell 'em the Optiflex Virtual Integrator bl0ws.
    Tell us about it: https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...ual-integrator
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

Post Likes
    I'd like to go but the family situation won't let me, at the moment.

Ken

Post Likes
    Yes sir, myself and two other guys from my office will be.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    I was literally going to start this thread tonight. I'll be there!

Which session are you attending? Would love to meet up with you after our many conversations on this forum, ALC Share and the WebCTRL 7.0 Beta.
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Post Likes
    Session 1. Register on the attendify app, seems like they really have things organized this time.

Post Likes
    We're at 2. Maybe we can bump in to each other on Wednesday.
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Post Likes
    So...what did everyone think of it all? The place felt like I was in a college dorm and then in a suspense movie going through all of the tunnels. Food was pretty good too.

Once we really got to play with the virtual integrator it was pretty damn slick. Had a Veris meter up and talking in about 5 minutes.I still don't like the whole PC hosting thing though. Oh and everyone might want to get comfortable with the layout of it. They say it will be in the new modules going forward.

The advanced reporting is crazy, you can make a report on just about anything. You can even strip stuff out of a modstat if you wanted to.

Hardware looks like it is still moving in the right direction. Anyone got one of the new modules to play with yet?

Nice to see they were open to suggestions for software adds to Eikon. MaxBurn and I were also telling them about Easy I/O, hopefully that helped.

Lighting is going to be 100% wireless (Enocean) from light to gateway, no wired option.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    There was a couple things new to me there despite my signing up for all the beta stuff, which was nice. Feels like they are moving ahead again. Actually just got our lighting demo kit yesterday from Magnum so I'm making some programs to run the thing and present it on a touch screen plus the switches they have. New modules, join the betas...

Advance reporting was rough when I first saw it, having their samples is a huge improvement. I still want to make one as an example of displaying a MSI with 150 values.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    There was a couple things new to me there despite my signing up for all the beta stuff, which was nice. Feels like they are moving ahead again. Actually just got our lighting demo kit yesterday from Magnum so I'm making some programs to run the thing and present it on a touch screen plus the switches they have. New modules, join the betas...

Advance reporting was rough when I first saw it, having their samples is a huge improvement. I still want to make one as an example of displaying a MSI with 150 values.
    They got some samples? I'm really getting clobbered since EnergyReports is going away. Advanced Reporting will never be as good, and I don't have the time to recreate all those graphics!
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

Post Likes
    Any pics of the next generation controllers? Hopefully true universal IO points and additional IEA-485 port for local BACnet MSTP/Modbus RTU.
    I wish they would just send controllers default MSTP from the factory, the whole ARC156 is annoying.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    They got some samples? I'm really getting clobbered since EnergyReports is going away. Advanced Reporting will never be as good, and I don't have the time to recreate all those graphics!
    More specifically use of the flash plugin went away. Energy reports went to a cloud offering in several levels with recurring revenue or you can recreate some of it in advanced reports. If you went to the show they are on the computer and I think most are on the dealer site too. Now that they can be exported/imported you do basically have a more flexible ER.

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Any pics of the next generation controllers? Hopefully true universal IO points and additional IEA-485 port for local BACnet MSTP/Modbus RTU.
    I wish they would just send controllers default MSTP from the factory, the whole ARC156 is annoying.

kontrol out
    Yes I have pics, and was specifically warned not to post on the internet. Sounds like you will like it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast