Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    ARCNet is certainly not going away. They've spent quite a bit of time working on a new ARCNet co-processor and are Beta-Testing several controllers with the new chip to see how it handles "bad" ARCNets.

Personally, I love ARCNet. Faster, keeps 3rd parties from screwing up our network and prevents a lot of hassle having to do with Baud-rates and goofy settings like max-masters. It just works.

Very excited about several plans they have on back-end development. They've done a good job with front-end development over the last several years, but the back-of-house has needed some innovation. Happy to see some fresh ideas and their openness to take feedback on the pain-points we deal with as dealers. Getting to talk to the developers first-hand and have them take down a bunch of notes was cool.

Good to finally meet you, too, MaxBurn. Putting faces with names is always a pleasure!
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Post Likes
    Yes, the nextgen slides were nice to see too.

I could take or leave ARCnet, our dealer always uses it though. I do like that pretty much all new modules have two MS/TP ports on them now.

Good to meet you too!
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I could take or leave ARCnet, our dealer always uses it though. I do like that pretty much all new modules have two MS/TP ports on them now.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12