+ Reply to Thread

Thread: which online store is best in selling restaurant equipment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

which online store is best in selling restaurant equipment

restaurant equipment.which online store is best in selling restaurant equipment

Post Likes
    Use your local dealer or manufacturer rep. Often times they can help facilitate installation or help fulfill needs you might have overlooked. Plus, if you have a good relationship with them, they can help with any warranty issues that the manufacturer might be dragging their feet on.

Of course if your just looking to fill your kitchen with the cheapest junk you can find go right to the internet. Katom, Webstuarant etc will be happy to sell you something that’s difficult to find an authorized service agent for and even harder to find replacement parts.

Post Likes
    > cheapest junk you can find go right to the internet. Katom, Webstuarant etc will be happy to sell

I used to get a kick out of mom&pop owners who would drop off tabletop fryers at the shop for repair.

No idea who made the thing. A little Googleing says they sell them at Sams Club, or Amazon, or Ebay *for $39.95*! What exactly do you want me to do to this thing if has an open element, or broken thermostat cap tube? Do you understand we are going to charge you more than that to even look at it?

4. Likes VanMan812 liked this post.
    In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by choiceoffice View Post
    restaurant equipment.which online store is best in selling restaurant equipment
    A good dealership will offer consultation on what type of equipment best suits your needs, will survey your site to ensure the equipment is ordered per the utilities in your kitchen, arrange for its proper installation (lots of stuff isn't just plug-n-play), offer support like VanMan812 alluded to, etc.
    I can't see how the on-line stores could fill those needs.

You should only buy equipment from a reputable dealership. I also recommend that you stick with mainstream manufacturers, since service support and parts for equipment manufactured by lesser known companies or foreign-made equipment will become a huge issue down the road when the equipment WILL require repairs. Although some stuff fitting those latter categories might seem appealing due lower initial costs, longer (maybe MUCH longer) down times may be an inevitable consequence if parts aren't stocked in the U.S. to fix it.

Here are some informational resources you can explore:

http://fesmag.com/distribution-giant...ibution-giants
    https://www.fermag.com/

Post Likes
    Always good to physically see the product

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in