Post Likes

Carrier 30 GX Issues 75 and 54

All

I currently use 2 carrier 30GX cooling units and out of the 4 circuits only 1 is working fine.

I have a 54 problem on the circuit A of the chiller with its circuit B working - I am assuming this is genuinely an oil problem as the circuit starts up okay and then cuts out after a while

On our other chiller we have a 75 / 75 issue on both circuits. I have checked the flow switch (which is fine) and tried to run the evaporator pump manually in test mode and it does not start. Anyone have any ideas? We had a few of these issues before and they generally went away and worked fine but now has been over 2 months and not once will they reset and run - it times out after the 2 min delay. I read somewhere that it is being held off by a carrier service reset is this correct as the only thing that doesn't run in test is the evaporator pump

Any help appreciated.

Post Likes
    Is your chiller wired to control the pump?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Alarm 54 is low oil level possibly may be just the switch also check oil level.
    Alarm 75 is water flow as your pump does not run you need to fix that problem.

Gibbo

Post Likes
    Yes pump is controlled by the chiller - the pump is not running via the manual test at all when the control signal for the contactor to bring the pump on is definitely live.

In the drawings it links to a contactor K90 - but I cannot find this to test whether this is bring the power on for the pump via the control signal. Any ideas?

The oil level looks okay for the 54 fault - where is the switch housed?

Thanks

Post Likes
    The oil level switch is fitted at the bottom right of the oil seperator the oil level switch is a small brass cyclinder shape with plug on top.
    Regarding the water pump are you saying the output to pump contactor is ok.
    I am assuming this is a Carrier French made 30GX. Manuals wiring diagrams can be found at
    "eto.carrier.com/lit.asp"
    however there are 3 variations at the above site.
    Phase 1 has the old psio style control.
    Phase 2 has the black pro dialog display.
    Phase 3 has the cream coloured pro dialog plus display. Both phase 1 & 2 are now obsolete so parts can be an issue requiring various modifcations.