Post Likes

didtributor without a nozzle ?

So im cleaning up a huge mess another company started , and they overheated the distributor so bad the tubes were pulled out some , and the nozzle has braze in the dam hole

Txv burnt up too

So I removed the distributor and 4 caps entering coil

Bought a distributor assy from United 50600503 , they said it will work fine , came with 4 caps

Bought a new txv external equalizing

Ok the new distributor doesn't appear like it accepts a nozzle its got a 2 inch piece of copper stub already brazed on it

Looking down inside I see the 4 holes

Is this ok ?? Nozzle less ??

Evap is LSC130AK

Walkin cooler 404A

Post Likes
    What kind of distributor?

Sporlans typically use a nozzle.
    Where as alco use a venturi type distributor and dont require one.

I mean...ive worked on several smaller systems that work fine and never had one put in.

Plus it's a cooler...if it were a freezer i would say yeah definitely needs one. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sporlan (and maybe some others) use a replaceable nozzle to make a single distributor adjustable over a wider range of application. But some distributors are machined from a single piece of brass round stock - the nozzle portion is a part of the distributor - and are specific to a single application.

I assume that "the two inch copper" is stating length and not diameter. And here I'm thinking of the four distributor-tubes. <g>

PHM
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    So im cleaning up a huge mess another company started , and they overheated the distributor so bad the tubes were pulled out some , and the nozzle has braze in the dam hole

Txv burnt up too

So I removed the distributor and 4 caps entering coil

Bought a distributor assy from United 50600503 , they said it will work fine , came with 4 caps

Bought a new txv external equalizing

Ok the new distributor doesn't appear like it accepts a nozzle … its got a 2 inch piece of copper stub already brazed on it

Looking down inside I see the 4 holes

Is this ok ?? Nozzle less ??

Evap is LSC130AK

Walkin cooler 404A
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    here she is … I cut off the copper tube getting ready to braze on a stub/flare , it had a solid end you have to cut off

Check out the fasteners used to hold the fan coil to the ceiling lol

I guess you cant really tell , but its the kind where you drill a hole , then shove this metal space ship looking thing in there with thin metal strips , and as you tighten the screw the metal strips flare out

I could probly yank it off the ceiling

The Trade Pro sight glass left from previous company …. yea that's probly going into the trash , it looks cheap
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Snapperhead; 10-13-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Post Likes
    Forgive me, it's been awhile. Does heatcraft still supply the orifice for 12 and 22 in separate bags? Do they supply one for 404a? I don't recall that they did.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Forgive me, it's been awhile. Does heatcraft still supply the orifice for 12 and 22 in separate bags? Do they supply one for 404a? I don't recall that they did.
    I actually got the opportunity to meet the idiot , uhh , I mean other company who installed this , and he was like " so yea I brazed the txv on , and den I notice the hockey puck looking thing on the flo , and so I unbrazed the txv , den I had a hard time gettin dat puck thing in there wid a hole in it , and so I finally got it in , den I had a hard time brazing it back on and stuff "

Oh so yea my invoice says Heatcraft Distributor Assy, and United had Distributor sitting on the shelf , and said they called heatcraft and they said its ok to use

Now "if" they quizzed them about it Not having a nozzle …. I doubt it seriously , I just assumed it was already installed , but nope , I can see 4 holes down in there with my flashlight , leading to the 4 caps

Post Likes
    Can you get the orifice out of the old one? Cut it out?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    I tried to , its brazed in there good , dude used like a half a stick of braze when putting txv on !

But I honestly don't think this new assembly accepts a nozzle ….that copper tube was factory , you can see where I ripped off the label and sanded it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    I tried to , its brazed in there good , dude used like a half a stick of braze when putting txv on !

But I honestly don't think this new assembly accepts a nozzle ….that copper tube was factory , you can see where I ripped off the label and sanded it
    That distributor looks just like the ones that come with the Heatcraft evaps I buy. Those coils come with two different nozzles, one for R22 and one for R404a. On those distributors I cut theclosed end off with a tubing cuter, clean it up with a deburrer and insert the nozzle and clip thingy.

Post Likes
    ok so they just forgot to give me a little bag with a nozzle ?

Post Likes
    The nozzle size isn’t specific to the distributor so the counter guys couldn’t have known what nozzle you needed. A good counter guy would have seen the distributor and asked what size nozzle you wanted though.

My guess is the system will run fine without it.

Post Likes
    Yea you're not alone .. I used to think it would be fine without a nozzle until I read up what the nozzle actually does …

It helps separate the liquid so 1 circuit doesn't get more liquid than the other 3

PS … nobody behind the counter knew what a nozzle was until I explained it to them one day