Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    After a few years, when the unit starts having problems, those manuals left in units usually aren't legible any more. Ruined by moisture, pages stuck together, etc

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    If someone hadn't taken the manual with them. You would have the manual that came with that piece of equipment.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Or left in the burner compartment and well you get the picture.

Post Likes
    I wonder how mutton sushi would be?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Well...if ya wanna get to heaven ill tell ya what to do, ya grease your feet with a mutten stew. Then you slide out of the devils hands and ooze on over to the promise land.. go easy.. go greasy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    That would depend on how hungry you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

PHM
    --------
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Probably better than chicken suhi

Post Likes

PHM
    --------
    Well...my old mistress promised me that when she died shed set me free, she lived so long that her head got bald and she give up the notion of ever dien at all. Too tough to die. Too dern mean

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    The bigger point here is there is a lot to learn, troubleshooting is a lot different than installing something new. What you need to do is get a few more meaningful posts (you'll need 15), then apply for Pro Membership. After a few weeks you'll get access to the rest of the site.
    I do a mix of start ups and service. I find that roughly half of all start ups require troubleshooting to make them work right. Either problems from the factory or controls contractors messing stuff up.

I don’t see any reason to try to transition away from a job that’s mostly start ups with a little service mixed in. Unless you’re doing start ups just for one manufacturer, you’ll still get plenty of variety. Commercial start up is not the same as being an installer. It usually involves adding any extras, such as economizers, low ambient kits, electric heat kits, etc, and then doing a thorough start up.

Where I work, guys start in service and once they gain experience and prove their abilities, they get get more commercial start up jobs.

8. Likes asanta27 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Tell me some more -

True start-ups - with EVERY POSSIBLE THING checked and then written down on a start-up-report - are a very valuable learning experience.

Show start-ups - turning on the power and then checking the ones that don't run - is a waste of your time.

What, exactly, does "a start-up" consist of in your experience so far?

PHM
    ----------
    PHM is still alive and well! Kewl. Its been a few years since Ive skulked around these digs...

Doing "true" startups is a great way to get your feet wet and get to know how the thang is supposed to work. If you then go into service you've got a head start.

Post Likes
    Today I started up a 12 ton Daikin with a Wattmaster DDC board. The board outputs for low and high speed fan were reversed. It’s getting ridiculous how rare it is to start up a unit and not find problems.

Post Likes
    Look at the bright side: You are getting to be a really first class Quality Control Department for lot of a major manufacturers. Something like that can really plump up a resume. <g>

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    Today I started up a 12 ton Daikin with a Wattmaster DDC board. The board outputs for low and high speed fan were reversed. It’s getting ridiculous how rare it is to start up a unit and not find problems.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Me i double check stuff like that before turning it on saves me the aggravation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123