+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changes in Jace reflected on WebServer?

Post Likes

Changes in Jace reflected on WebServer?

Gents,

I made a bunch of changes to graphics in the Station and found out they use a webserver after the fact. How would I port those changes to be reflected in the webserver?

I have been adding files to it, but seems to not be working well.

Vykon Jace 700 pulling points from Alerton without a BCM. I made changes using workbench.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Could it have anything to do with the backups? So I do a backup of the JACE then load that backup in the Web Server?

Post Likes
    Assuming your talking about a supervisor.

You either need to manually import all the points or use export tags. Copy the px files over, assign the new view to the devices. Then depending your ords, you may have to clean them up with find/replace to deal with things falling under the niagara network.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    So yeah that is what I have been doing. I guess I need to pull over the new and changed points from the station to the supervisor and then clean up the graphics manually...

I did a find a replace with the different file location and the graphic is half showing up. Funky system in general in my opinion.

Post Likes
    Images not showing up even though the ord is correct usually is kitpxgraphics getting tripped up. It only copies the image to the station when you drag them on the page the first time. This is to eliminate the need of having all the unused images on the station.

The down side, it doesn't pull missing images if a PX is copied from another station and images haven't been used on the new station. You might want to find the folder with the images on the Jace, and merge the contents with the one on the super.

Its Tridium. There are a thousand hard ways to get the job done, and only two easy ones.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    So I went to the class a while ago to get tridium certified, it did not help me to get this job done haha! The key was I brought my tridium thermos with coffee and my tridium shirt to the pump room to figure it out.

I brought over the PX file and half of it was missing. So I kept transfering files and got a lot of it to work that way. Noticed the file path to the points where wrong. I then had to go through the text editor and find/replace everything to establish the correct file path. Noticed a lot of yellow points on the graphic, so I had to add the new station points to the server. I found the network point manager and kept copying in points an renaming folders until it worked.

Next questions is how do I set my folders to link to graphics pages?

Post Likes
    Wait I got it. I created a new view then selected my PX file. I think this job is good to go!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in