Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Pretty sad that I have to sink my own money into this when I spent 300K on this house already. It has been nothing but stressful and inconvenient when it should be a very happy time for my family. ugh. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Post Likes
    You need to get your a/c setup properly. Adding a whole house dehumidifier to a poorly setup a/c will not provide the ideal temperature/%RH control you need for comfort and indoor air quality. Also the installation of the dehumidifier is important.
    Mold problems caused by ducts not connect in the attic may have liability issues, see an attorney.
    I would have a heart to heart with the a/c contractor about some concessions on a whole house dehumidifier. Plus assurance that you get the a/c to maintain 50%RH during high sensible cooling loads.
    Check out the Ultra-Aire whole house. We are willing to talk your a/c contractor through the whole thing.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12