+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Tires???

Post Likes

Best Tires???

I need a good tire recommendation for my Chevy Express 2500. Right now I’m looking at Michelin Defender LTX 10 Ply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Where do you live? Any snow?
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I would never buy anything But Michelin. They are balanced when you get them, last a long time, and grip like nothing else in all kinds of weather.

I've tried all other brands on all kind of cars and trucks - Michelin is always consistently better than the others.

PHM
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I need a good tire recommendation for my Chevy Express 2500. Right now I’m looking at Michelin Defender LTX 10 Ply

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    Where do you live? Any snow?
    Rarely.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I would never buy anything But Michelin. They are balanced when you get them, last a long time, and grip like nothing else in all kinds of weather.

I've tried all other brands on all kind of cars and trucks - Michelin is always consistently better than the others.

PHM
    -------------
    if you do not ever want to get stuck in the snow, these are the best

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire...errain-t-a-ko2

do agree with a top of the line Michelin as the best all around tire, they plant your vehicle on the road solid and wear extremely well

Post Likes
    Michelin for as long as I can remember!
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    Michelin in the best, but with all the weight I carry in my van, it does not matter what brand I buy, I only get 10 to 15k miles out of the backs, and 20k out of the front.

Post Likes
    I've run the BFG AT KO2 on my Expedition. Wonderful tire and wears like nails. Granted, you are trading off some road manners and they are just a touch noisier.
    Now, on my last service van (2013 E350) I ran the BFG Rugged Trails. I love that tire. Pretty quiet, handles well and had over 40k on them before the van moved on to another life.
    Edit: I should add that I live in the snow belt. It's nothing to get a foot at a time.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    My chevy express 2500 van has nokian rotiva at plus. These tire are awesome. Traction on snow and ice are amazing. When we had 20 " of snow last April my van was easily driving on unplowed side streets. They do very well in mud and are quiet on the highway. I will be putting my 3rd set on the van soon. I highly recommend them.

Post Likes
    BFG AT KO2
    x2
    Great tire if you have snow or gravel roads.
    My choice for paved roads and little to no snow would be Pirelli. Nothing against Michelin though. Awesome tire. For my vehicle the BFGs and Pirellis just handle better. no idea why. My wifes vehicle loves Continentals and Hankooks.

Post Likes
    what are you loaded like Steve lav on you tube with his workhouse truck now that is a rolling supply house on wheels

Post Likes
    Me i dont care what tires you put on your service van or truck as long as it makes it to my place when i call i use continental true-contact works grate for the local runs i make

Post Likes
    I've always bought Yokahama and always will. They've lasted the longest on all my vehicles.

Post Likes
    The kind that keeps air in them and don't fall apart where I drive it.

What is best also depends on your interpretation. For me it's $ per year with no failures (until they are worn out). Seriously it all depends on your driving characteristics, load and what you drive on. Over the past 40 years I've probably run GoodYear and Firestone the most. But I have used about anything available. I typically buy a all season but tend to stay with m&s rating which reduces tire life a little I probably drive 40% gravel & mud which can just destroy some of these hi milage tires. I drive about 50,000 per year with the truck. I buy 1 set a year typically just at the beginning of winter.

Several years ago I got really ticked about the cost of repairs ($30 dismount and mount, $15 to $20 for balance and $5 - $10 disposal, so $50 to $60 per tire) So I bought my own tire and balancing machines. I can replace a set of six on my dually in less than an hour. Now I just by the tire and do the work myself on a weekend.

Quick story, The best tires for overall life and traction were a set of Continetals All Season (10ply, came on F250 Super Duty 4x4). My truck loaded was about 8500 pounds the tires had about 20,000 miles (on a 70,000 mile tire) At the time I had and big boat of a car, Cadilac Brougham, kind of half way between a Coupe Daville and full limosine 25ft long & 7,000 pounds. My son had gotten it stuck in our alley one winter, so I hooked on to it with the truck . Told my son I'd pull him up over the crest of our hill, then he could coast back into the driveway. Well I drug him up the hill no problem. After he parked the car he said, Dad I forgot to take the car out of park, you had already started pulling me when I noticed. That sold me on continental tires, not sure why I never bought more. Oh well

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in