The kind that keeps air in them and don't fall apart where I drive it.

What is best also depends on your interpretation. For me it's $ per year with no failures (until they are worn out). Seriously it all depends on your driving characteristics, load and what you drive on. Over the past 40 years I've probably run GoodYear and Firestone the most. But I have used about anything available. I typically buy a all season but tend to stay with m&s rating which reduces tire life a little I probably drive 40% gravel & mud which can just destroy some of these hi milage tires. I drive about 50,000 per year with the truck. I buy 1 set a year typically just at the beginning of winter.

Several years ago I got really ticked about the cost of repairs ($30 dismount and mount, $15 to $20 for balance and $5 - $10 disposal, so $50 to $60 per tire) So I bought my own tire and balancing machines. I can replace a set of six on my dually in less than an hour. Now I just by the tire and do the work myself on a weekend.

Quick story, The best tires for overall life and traction were a set of Continetals All Season (10ply, came on F250 Super Duty 4x4). My truck loaded was about 8500 pounds the tires had about 20,000 miles (on a 70,000 mile tire) At the time I had and big boat of a car, Cadilac Brougham, kind of half way between a Coupe Daville and full limosine 25ft long & 7,000 pounds. My son had gotten it stuck in our alley one winter, so I hooked on to it with the truck . Told my son I'd pull him up over the crest of our hill, then he could coast back into the driveway. Well I drug him up the hill no problem. After he parked the car he said, Dad I forgot to take the car out of park, you had already started pulling me when I noticed. That sold me on continental tires, not sure why I never bought more. Oh well