Thread: Honeywell HZ322

Post Likes

Honeywell HZ322

I went to a customer's house today who has a zone damper system. He asked if he could use his "fan on" feature on the stat and I said sure! When I got back I was told that we can't do that because the dampers will stay open and when another zone calls for heat/cool that area with the fan on will over condition. Any input?

Post Likes
    Exactly. Fan on damper open.

3. Likes armandomartinez liked this post
    Post Likes
    Pretty sure that Honeywell zone board will shut dampers on non calling zones if another zone calls for heating or cooling. But yes.....if that is the case....no fan in other zones with an active call.

I may be mistaken though.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

5. Likes armandomartinez liked this post
    Post Likes
    I believe all modern zone panels close the dampers to any zone that is set to fan on and not calling for heating or cooling, when another zone calls for heating or cooling. The True zone will close the fan on zone when another zone calls for conditioning.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    My hz422 will leave the zone damper open with fan on and close all other zone, when a demand of cool or heat happen it will shut damper of the zone with fan and open the damper of the zone in demand after that it will go back to fan and reopen the zone with fan demand and shut off all other zone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionix86 View Post
    My hz422 will leave the zone damper open with fan on and close all other zone, when a demand of cool or heat happen it will shut damper of the zone with fan and open the damper of the zone in demand after that it will go back to fan and reopen the zone with fan demand and shut off all other zone.
    Yup. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose though? In the off cycle with the fan running it would start to equalize the house and kick it back in heat/cool mode? I always told people with zone systems they need to use “auto fan” if they are planning on only conditioning one/some of the zones

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pres1227 View Post
    Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose though? In the off cycle with the fan running it would start to equalize the house and kick it back in heat/cool mode? I always told people with zone systems they need to use “auto fan” if they are planning on only conditioning one/some of the zones
    If only one zone is set to fan on, only that zone is open, so it doesn't equalize the entire home. Unless you have one central return. Then it could sometimes.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?