Post Likes

Niagara N4 Alarms configuration reset

I've created a page so that the tech's can review a group of rooms current conditions. They can then tab over to the next page and shut the out of range high/low alarms algorithm off while they are working on it. Problem is they don't always re-inable the alarms. Is there a way to put a time limited reset on it?

Post Likes
    The thought is that after a given time, say 6 hours, they should have it fixed and the alarms will automatically be re-inabled.

Post Likes
    I'm assuming you're using a button on your graphic to a point that disables alarming. Instead of selecting the point as your ORD, expand the point and select the "Override" property. Add a note instructing the tech to select an override duration needed for repairs to be completed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I agree that using the override facility, with only a timed override available, is the way to go. Unfortunately I still can't recall how to limit the override options for the user.
    But if we've understood how you're doing it, you could add a delay to off into your logic so that it switches your Disable command off after your set time.

Post Likes
    Assuming its a boolean writable point, you can add a max override facet to limit how long. If you linked right to the alarm extension inhibit, don't think you have any way to put a limit on it.

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...ide-time-in-ax
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Thank you guys so much for all your advise! I followed the links which orion provided but I couldn't open the images in them. Maybe cause they are from 2010. Can you give me an update on using an image with a fixed (default) time? I created an image, attached an action binding but in N4 there is nothing you can do with actionArg and I wasn't sure what you ment by using the ord.

Post Likes
    Ok, I've got the override somewhat figured out, let me give you a little more information about what I'm doing. I've got temperature/humidity points that i have established outof range alarms on. I want to be able to turn those alarms off for a set period of time. When I set the alarm up as described what i ended up with was an override on the reading, not the alarm.

Post Likes
    Sounds like you need to link the override to the Alarm Inhibit slot
    Being a controls technician often reminds me of this story:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdg50zgK7fA
    Especially when the customer complains about the bill.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Create a boolean writable point to enable/disable the alarm. Link that to the alarm inhibit. On the boolean point add a facet, key = maxOverrideDuration and set the value to whatever limit you want. Then hit the slot sheet for that point and hide the emergency override slots, since they are not effected by this limit.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Create a boolean writable point to enable/disable the alarm. Link that to the alarm inhibit. On the boolean point add a facet, key = maxOverrideDuration and set the value to whatever limit you want. Then hit the slot sheet for that point and hide the emergency override slots, since they are not effected by this limit.
    You can use a One-shot as well. I usually put them in the same wire sheet. For the alarm points, use the Composite to expose the Alarm Extension's inhibit slot. Link the Disable One-Shot output to all the relevant points.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all your help! I've got it working on the app for the cell phone, really like it.