+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niagara version 4.6

Post Likes

Niagara version 4.6

What kind of issues has anyone had with Niagara 4.6 that was released in July.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Post Likes
    4.6? I'm just getting used to 4.4

Post Likes
    what about now? Any experience with N 4.6?
    What do you think?

Post Likes
    Might as well get 4.7 which was released today I was told.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I see that too. Did you use 4.6? If so any problems? Now we can start with 4.7 instead

Post Likes
    Have 4.6 but haven't put it on a project myself yet, just dabbled on the bench. Frankly with all the HTML5 pain we have had taking a site from 4.2, 4.3, 4.4...I'm waiting for someone else to beta test this crap unless there is no other choice. Not looking though another whole gfx package for Easter eggs if I can avoid it. 4.6 is supposed to have big improvements, but that's coming from sales that told me 4.1 was great over ax...

Post Likes
    Agreed! We are hoping to hear good things about 4.6 / 4.7. Maybe in a little while we'll get some feedback from early adopters how it's going with 4.6 / 4.7

Post Likes
    4.6 and 4.7 are fine for me. No issues that I have noticed. Apparently I'm doing something right, as I've not experienced any graphic issues that I've seen described on here, other than the touchscreen/right click thing that was fixed early on.

I did have had some issues with Johnson's canned graphics, but that was not a Tridium issue.

Post Likes
    I have upgraded a couple of sites to 4.6 and I have to say I personally feel like this version of N4 is the one that finally makes distinct improvements from AX from a programmer standpoint. Templates are a game changer when it comes to deploying projects where there multiple controllers with the same points. The ability to mass deploy templates and make changes to all the controllers at with the same templates at once makes adding certain things after the fact less of a chore. I used to hate it when I would forget to add some alarm logic and have to go back an manually do it for all the controllers. Now I just update the template and then redeploy and then I am done. From what I have seen the html5 graphics have been improved, they still aren't perfect but better then it has been. I believe I also heard there is a way to take the older style of graphics that didn't work with html5 and take them through a conversion tool so that they work properly and don't blow all of the pieces everywhere. I haven't done this yet myself but I have heard from others in my company that it does work from what they have tested.

I am usually of the mindset that I don't update Jaces once everything is working perfectly unless either A. I am forced to because the supervisor is getting updated and won't accept the lower version or B. there are features in the update that make it worth the risk of breaking a couple of things. I have never updated Jaces due to reason B until now and luckily I haven't had anything bad happen so far.

Post Likes
    4.7 released to Vykon partners today.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    thanks, ya'll. This is starting to sound pretty good! I think this is the one I'll try (4.7)...

Post Likes
    Well this sounds encouraging at least. I would like to get working with the templates but its not going to happen until I start another project fresh unless I upgrade my home demo to 4.6+.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    4.6 and 4.7 are fine for me. No issues that I have noticed. Apparently I'm doing something right, as I've not experienced any graphic issues that I've seen described on here, other than the touchscreen/right click thing that was fixed early on.

I did have had some issues with Johnson's canned graphics, but that was not a Tridium issue.
    Are you using the java profile or pure HTML5 and the new SVG gfx or the older kitpxgraphics?

Post Likes
    Is there any documentation out about 4.7? Google reveals nothing useful.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Is there any documentation out about 4.7? Google reveals nothing useful.

Try: http://go3.tridium.com/wGwMg4oSD0000X6H00h3R0i

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    If you're sticking to 4.6, a new build was posted today ending in .8 (previous was .4). I did a quick comparison on the contents and about 38 of the modules were updated, so you might as well fetch this latest build.

Post Likes
    I've been updating sites to 4.6 this week and haven't noticed any issues with the core software.
    Unfortunately we use some third party drivers that haven't been updated past 4.3 and aren't compatible with 4.6 due to some security updates. So waiting on those at the moment.

Post Likes
    Has anyone used the PX section in 4.6? I've watched a couple videos on setting up the pages but they show Responsive Panes in their Bajaui kits as well as a few other add ons. Where are they getting these from?? They don't show how they are setup.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydollar1 View Post
    Has anyone used the PX section in 4.6? I've watched a couple videos on setting up the pages but they show Responsive Panes in their Bajaui kits as well as a few other add ons. Where are they getting these from?? They don't show how they are setup.
    Responsive Panes are in my workbench clients. I'm not sure on why they aren't in yours.

Post Likes
    I've had issues with graphics. I've had to go through and duplicate them, delete the original and remove the 1 from the copy so it replaces the original in the correct path. Had to do this because it wouldn't render the graphics correctly on a web browser after updating the system.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in