Post Likes

Gallo gun question

Greetings All - it's been a while.

A quick question if I may....A friend of mine had some ac work done at his residential property a long time ago and it turned out that someone left behind a "gallo-gun" (fro high pressure drain unclogging. i have never owned one nor have I ever had the need for same.

My question is for someone whom actually owns one - Please find the attached picture; I do not know if this is defective or not.

It seems like the part of the hose assembly that screws onto the cartridge holder rotates. It seeming cannot be tightened or removed. Is it supposed to do that? I hate to purchase co2 cartridges and have it leak out. Anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes

Gallo gun question

As a technician who has lost a tool or three before we REALLY appreciate it when a customer is honest and calls us to let us know that we left behind a tool. If it's not worth our time to go back and pick it up we may tell you to keep it, but sometimes we may be working in the neighborhood and it's possible for us to swing by to get it. I'm pretty sure they didn't leave it there as a present, and it's really hard to put food on the table for our family's when we need to keep buying tools. Mistakes happen, we are after all just humans like everyone else so we do appreciate a little help sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    As a techno toon who has lost a tool or three before we REALLY appreciate it when a customer calls us to let us know that we left behind a tool. If it's not worth out time to go back and pick it up we may tell you to keep it, but sometimes we may be working in the neighborhood and it's possible for us to swing by to get it. I'm pretty sure they didn't leave it there as a present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply but, that was not what I asked but, so that this doesn't get out of line let me say this;

He did call numerous times (4 I think) and waited 6 months and nobody came to pick it up!...It sat in his garage for 11/2 years and still no interest in retrieving it. I would have called just as he did for the record but, I would not hang onto it or hold my breath that long. It apparently had no value to the person whom lost it.....SO, BACK TO THE INITIAL QUESTION.

Post Likes
    Since I don't own one, and never have, guess I'm not allowed to reply.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Yes it's supposed to rotate that's how you get the hose on. Or at least mine does.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Yes it's supposed to rotate that's how you get the hose on. Or at least mine does.
    Thanks for the reply.

The knurled part that screws onto the plastic framework rotates 360* and neither tightens or loosens.

The part/shaft that "inserts" into the aforementioned part can be unscrewed which will detach the hose so, are we talking about the same thing just to be sure? Thanks again.

Post Likes
    Supposed to swivel

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTurkey View Post
    Supposed to swivel

Thanks for the reply

I was concerned since the knurled part looks as if it was to be able to be screwed on and off and since loose (swiveling) I thought could be defective. THANKS EVERYONE.

Post Likes
    but plan on using a co2 cart. everytime ya use it they don't/wont hold pressure. and ya gotta use there co2, bb gun stuff is dif size

Post Likes
    Might as well tell him how to use a VOM to DIY.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?