Post Likes

N4 browser backup?

There used to be a way to copy the config.bog in the browser address bar without software. Can this be done in N4? Only have remote browser access.

Post Likes
    Yes with the backup service

Post Likes
    If its the Java or HTML5 profile and the backup service is installed and you have rights to it, you can go under services -> backup service and get a copy.

With N4 locking down all the sensitive files, I would be very surprised if you can just pull that file with a url.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    There used to be a way to copy the config.bog in the browser address bar without software. Can this be done in N4? Only have remote browser access.
    I had a situation like this using teamviewer. I temporarily transferred my workbench license to the PC on site, got what I needed and transferred it back.

Post Likes
    How'd you manage that trick?
    i thought the licence was tied to the host ID, so that it can't be transferred between PC's.
    Or did you go to the hassle of transferring the licence in the Tridium
    licence server?
    Got to admit, it would be lovely to be able to access that & not have to wait a few days for licences.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezerGeezer View Post
    How'd you manage that trick?
    i thought the licence was tied to the host ID, so that it can't be transferred between PC's.
    Or did you go to the hassle of transferring the licence in the Tridium
    licence server?
    Got to admit, it would be lovely to be able to access that & not have to wait a few days for licences.
    I'm dealing with lynxspring for licensing and they usually take care of it in a couple hours. Not sure why it would take days.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    I just login to the licensing server and take care of my own.

Post Likes
    That's another bonus of some of the different vendors. Getting setup for the licensing portion of niagcentral allows you to transfer licenses in seconds. You can also keep track of all your customer hostIDs, versions and N4 parasitic due dates.

Post Likes
    Aha.

3 things caused the delay back when I worked for a Distech partner.
    For whatever reason, we didn't have direct access to the licensing server.
    The person responsible for sending licence requests at our end was often slow for a number of reasons.
    Australia / America time difference.
    They did eventually get one of the directors access to reallocate licences. His time zone was only 3 hours ahead of ours. ��
    I did once request access to the software area of Niagara Central. Never heard anything. No idea if it got lost in the web or if I'm not high enough up the chain to get access.

Post Likes
    I don't get why they all don't set this up. Why take all the extra support calls for license transfers and the irate customer that's SOL when their server pukes out on a Friday night. Let the dealers manage it and wash your hands of it.

Post Likes
    In all honesty I suspect it was more a lack of organisation on my employer's part.

Post Likes
    Could be. There are some distributors/brands that simply choose not to go this route as well.