+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minimum flow rate data for vintage York chillers

Post Likes

Minimum flow rate data for vintage York chillers

Hi guys,

We're working on a chiller plant optimization project which has some 30+ years York chillers onsite. We're required by contract to perform variable flow pumping on these chillers (don't ask, but let's just say we're asked to do so by the owner as a technical demonstration of solution....... ><), so I've been trying to get the minimum flow rate data on these chillers.

As these chillers are over 30 year-old, all the design documents are lost. And all the engineering documents that I've found are not useful.

So does anyone happen to have the engineering documents which contain the min flow rate information on the following chiller?

Model: YTD1E1C1-CNES
    Compressor model: YDTJ-85 LB
    Serial number: YMXM608582

Anything that can help will be very much appreciated!! Cheers.

Best regards,

Jimmy

Post Likes
    Moved to Chiller Forum.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyvandaltw View Post
    Model: YTD1E1C1-CNES
    Compressor model: YDTJ-85 LB
    Serial number: YMXM608582
    How many passes? I didn’t find the YT manual with that Evaporator code but I may have found one for an OT model of the same approximate era.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    How many passes? I didn’t find the YT manual with that Evaporator code but I may have found one for an OT model of the same approximate era.
    2 passes

Is it possible to share the document with me please?

Post Likes
    After closer inspection, it wouldn’t match up to what you have. I will see what other paths I have available.

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    yorks database shows this serial number but it has a slightly different model number. so i am not sure what to tell you. if you could tell me the city, state, location it was originally installed in, i might be able to provide a better answer. you can email me the info if you don't want to post it.

Post Likes
    found it!

Evaporator Flow rates: 437 GPM minimum, 1,573 GPM maximum
    Condenser Flow rates (2 pass): 503 GPM minimum, 1,813 GPM maximum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    found it!

Evaporator Flow rates: 437 GPM minimum, 1,573 GPM maximum
    Condenser Flow rates (2 pass): 503 GPM minimum, 1,813 GPM maximum
    Wow!! Thanks Jay, you're the man!!

So did you find it in the York database? Do you have the engineering document for this machine that you can share?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in