Post Likes

N4 Workbench Color Scheme Change

Doing my first N4 Jace, I take 3 anti-depressants a day, this default gray and white scheme is making me even more depressed, is there away to change the color scheme of the workbench interface?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Doing my first N4 Jace, I take 3 anti-depressants a day, this default gray and white scheme is making me even more depressed, is there away to change the color scheme of the workbench interface?
    Under the tools drop down go to options and change the theme from zebra to lucid.

3. Likes bigguy158 liked this post
    Post Likes
    God I hate zebra. I feel it was forced on us by a secret cult of color blind Illuminati.

You can have all the colors you want as long as their gray.

-Honeywell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Look in C:/Niagara/Niagara-4.XXX/modules/ and find either "themeZebra-ux.jar" or "themeLucid-ux.jar".

Make a copy of one of those modules and set it to the side for a backup.

Make another copy and place it somewhere where you can work on it (new folder on your desktop, for instance). Take it and rename it to .zip instead of .jar. Extract it and navigate to the "fx" folder. You'll find a theme.css. Open that with something like Notepad++ and you can edit the color scheme. It will take some trial and error as the descriptions in the css file aren't the greatest, so you just have to make a change/try it out, make a change/try it out.

Once your done editing, take the root folder "themeWhatever-ux" and zip it up. Rename it back to .jar and place it back in the modules folder.

FYI, to change file extension types, you have to have "hide extensions for known file types" unchecked in the Windows Folder Options, under Appearance and Personalization in the control panel. Alot of people have trouble with this.

Post Likes
    Worked great, why isn't Lucid default
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    why isn't Lucid default
    Jedi mind control
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Distech takes it a step further and uses a custom theme that replaces the gray with a nasty green color. I have to shield my eyes with every new release until I can change it back to Lucid.

Post Likes
    Trend does one up and removes the lucid theme totally. Have to suck it from another brand and force the issue to get back to the colored world.

Convinced the all grey tone theme is to get us used to confinement in a prison cell.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

10. Likes bigguy158 liked this post