Thread: KC1000

Post Likes

KC1000

Anyone know the proper procedure for cleaning the fire tubes of a Aerco KC1000. Looks like it is going to be a fun one. A absorption chiller has been dismantled while the boiler was still operating and sucked some dirty combustion air. Looks like a green gritty crud when looking up from the bottom. The tubes are not straight. Dont think I can get a brush in there and no access from the top. Was going to call Aerco and see what they say but it was to late in the day. Probably just going to make a mess and flush some water thru and see what comes out.

Post Likes
    Just water will be no,no any good.Either chemical or brush to the access available to reach.
    Call the wise engineers to give you the proper way to do it.OOOO--- we are sorry we cant suggest any thing good because we are bench *******s paid to run Auto cad for design.
    OOOPS!Try again!Well done!

Post Likes
    Maintenance interval- 24 months inspect and clean tubes and manifold.

Post Likes
    I made a tool from a few feet of 1/2 pex and a ball valve and an adaptor to garden hose.

Ive dealt with many of those piles of junk.

They clog up in the best of circumstances.

Pull the burner out and flue collector, fit the pex up into the fire tubes one at a time and blast until you have good flow.

Its a messy process, but there is no other way.

And DONT use chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Ended up using a greenlee fiberglass fishtape and a homemade adaptor to flush water thru. Made a nice mess had a few passes that were 100% blocked. Fired up nicely but after setting the combustion at 30% fire rate. Driving it up to 100% and then back down to 30% it didn't want to hold. Aerco said it may be the differential pressure regulator or maybe the airfuel valve. Love when they say that. I think they are getting both. The unit is about 20yr old the AF valve is about 9yr old and the reg is original.

Post Likes
    The older ones are pretty sucky to tune for sure.

I love the directions that say - for this type of regulator and burner, use these target O2 etc... and for that type of regulator and burner use another set of target pressures and O2

Yet - they have nothing on the boiler or in the manual that tells you which you have.

Whats crazy to me, is they still make that same POS design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk