Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    We hosted a Delfield training seminar, I’ve seen True’s videos and I’ve done a couple different webinars on R-290 systems. IMO the videos from True explain everything pretty well. Just YouTube it and binge a few of them.
    I did a Delfield seminar but its very proprietary to Delfield, they don't teach a lot of general information on just R290, more in terms of their equipment.

I'm more inclined to learn about servicing it, I believe you have to cap every system, no access valves and stuff like that right? Some sort of crimping end, at least that's what they said at Delfield's class.

Post Likes
    Anybody besides Norlake go with R-513A?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    I did a Delfield seminar but its very proprietary to Delfield, they don't teach a lot of general information on just R290, more in terms of their equipment.

I'm more inclined to learn about servicing it, I believe you have to cap every system, no access valves and stuff like that right? Some sort of crimping end, at least that's what they said at Delfield's class.
    It would depend on what Delfield seminar you attended. I’ve seen to several over the years but the last one was 100% R-290. They went over everything from components to servicing it. That class wasn’t very different from any of the other manufacturers classes/webinars I’ve attended. The short videos from True cover everything pretty nicely.

Correct, you can’t leave schrader valves on the system. You can pinch off the tubing and braze it or use a Lokring tool or the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    It would depend on what Delfield seminar you attended. I’ve seen to several over the years but the last one was 100% R-290. They went over everything from components to servicing it. That class wasn’t very different from any of the other manufacturers classes/webinars I’ve attended. The short videos from True cover everything pretty nicely.

Correct, you can’t leave schrader valves on the system. You can pinch off the tubing and braze it or use a Lokring tool or the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. The one I attended was the Delfield R290 training, but they only used examples of their own equipment, which I guess makes sense.

Still find that funny, I thought the whole idea of using small amounts of R290 so that if it did leak out it wouldn't cause an explosion, so then why can't you leave service valves on it?

Post Likes
    Smokin huffers

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Anybody besides Norlake go with R-513A?
    I would expect that DuPont's Opteon XP10 (R-513A) will be the winner of the latest Freon wars for replacing R134A and it will become more common as more pressure comes to bear on R134A in the future. Right now, there's no pressing reason to make the move for most manufacturers, so until the EPA gets gets more punch in their SNAP program to force the end of HFCs don't hold your breath for any changes.

https://www.chemours.com/Refrigerant...teon_XP10.html

Post Likes
    But it's 50% 134A so I don't get it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    But it's 50% 134A so I don't get it
    R-513A had a 56% reduction in its global warming factor. My guess is there's no future restriction for manufacturers to continue making R134A, just the sale and use of it as a stand-alone product.

Post Likes
    I like how it (513A) is azeotropic

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I would expect that DuPont's Opteon XP10 (R-513A) will be the winner of the latest Freon wars for replacing R134A and it will become more common as more pressure comes to bear on R134A in the future. Right now, there's no pressing reason to make the move for most manufacturers, so until the EPA gets gets more punch in their SNAP program to force the end of HFCs don't hold your breath for any changes.

https://www.chemours.com/Refrigerant...teon_XP10.html

I like It, i see how these HFO/HVC blends are pushing the envelope of the lower GWP!, and the fact that this blend de-classes the OG 1234yf A2L class to clear A1 cery is definitely a boost....
    but....

now that the engineering is in, the safety is pretty savvy it would be interesting to see if a cheap non-patented refrigerant will move over for this one mainly on the cost of manufacturing alone on the low charge systems now that all the hard work is done?...
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12