+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bacharach H-10 Pro Saga

Post Likes

Bacharach H-10 Pro Saga

You guys probably aren't going to believe the story I'm fixing to tell because I can't hardly believe it myself. When I started out in the field 15 or so years ago I bought a CPS leak detector. It worked okay I guess, but I soon learned about the bacharach. I suppose the good Lord above decided that someone needed it more than me and it walked off of a job I was on. I was upset that someone took it but was kind of happy in a way because I knew exactly what I wanted to buy.

So, I ordered a brand new H-10 pro from an online vendor. This is where the unbelievable part comes in. Shipping was prompt and it was well packaged. However, when I took it out of the box I immediately noticed that the calibration reference sensor was missing. I took everything out of the box thinking maybe it was rolling around there. No such luck! So I send an email to the company I bought it from to let them know what was going on. No reply after a couple of days so I send another email with the same result. So then I called and spoke to a customer service rep. He was supposed to get back with me in 15 minutes. That was on 10-01, I still haven't heard back from him. Sorry to come here and vent about it but I'm ready for some resolution. I know there's a guy that works there who is a member here but I can't remember his name. I called Bacharach tech support today and got sent to some woman who I guess is over the vendors voice mail. I left a message and she hasn't called me back. Does anyone know the member who posts here that works for Bacharach? I just want to send the thing in to them and pay them to put the sensor in it so I can be done with it.
    "You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government."

Patrick Henry
    June 4, 1788

Post Likes
    I hope I am reading this right, your wanting a reference bottle for the H-10? If so

https://www.trutechtools.com/Bachara...le_p_5268.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    No, the calibration reference sensor itself is missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government."

Patrick Henry
    June 4, 1788

Post Likes
    This is what mine looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Patrick Henry
    June 4, 1788

Post Likes
    That’s a bottle of r11 I believe. The purpose is you pull the foil back and run the wand over it to make sure your h10 is working. I didn’t look at the link but that may very well be what you need.

Post Likes
    There’s just a little bottle that fits in there. You don’t need to send it back, they just need to send you the reference bottle. That’s pretty annoying they haven’t gotten it to you yet!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uzzo2 View Post
    No, the calibration reference sensor itself is missing.
    it’s not a sensor it’s a reference bottle with refrigerant in it to calibrate your sensor. Here’s a link to buy it for $20.
    https://www.trutechtools.com/Bachara...le_p_5268.html

Post Likes
    If you have your own jugs of refrigerant, or have access to a charged system that has a schrader core then you don't really need that "sensor" that you think you need. I believe all that little vial is for is to see if your refrigerant detector is working.

It's really not a big deal to not have it, although I agree that it sure sounds like Bacharach is dropping the ball in the customer service department and that ain't right. Good luck with them.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    If you have your own jugs of refrigerant, or have access to a charged system that has a schrader core then you don't really need that "sensor" that you think you need. I believe all that little vial is for is to see if your refrigerant detector is working.

It's really not a big deal to not have it, although I agree that it sure sounds like Bacharach is dropping the ball in the customer service department and that ain't right. Good luck with them.
    The bottle has a specific leak rate and is used to calibrate your sensors, which is a absolute must when you first use it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in