Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

SKF TKSA 11 Shaft Alignment - Anyone have experience?

I really want to try this out, but there seem to be no reviews of it. It fits the budget and looks like a good product for the size of pumps I work on. Hoping somebody has some kind of experience with it.

http://www.skf.com/us/products/maint...a11/index.html

Post Likes
    Maximum distance between sensors is only 7.3”? Seems rather short.
    Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Political Correctness is forced on you because you have forgotten decency.

Technically speaking, they are all heat pumps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    Maximum distance between sensors is only 7.3”? Seems rather short.
    I missed that. It would still work for a lot of what I do. But you’re right that’s not great. Damn.

Post Likes
    Any suggestions on dial kits?

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Boiler Guy View Post
    Any suggestions on dial kits?
    Ive been looking at this one. Sold direct by Mr Shims

The full kit allows for Rim and Face, and reverse dial methods.

They also sell fairly low cost Laser Alignment kits for belts/pulleys and will discount a combined purchase.

The standard max coupler spread looks like 10” but - they list that they will customize a kit - so I think that means they will make longer span bars. - but the longer the span, the more sag when rotated, either way - with dials, you need to measure cross bar sag - a really good book on the topic of alignment in general is -

But this is what I use - Starrett 668CZ/DZ - I recently made my kit into a combo.

The starrett is fairly versatile, but limited to rim and face techniques out of the box, you can be creative though with enough parts to make it work for reverse dial/modified reverse dial - true reverse dial is almost impossible on most pumps I deal with due to obstacles below the coupler.

Also - for making the math easier, Fixturlaser has a very good app they made for their dials kit (which they no longer make) which works with any reverse dial set up. Very intuitive, and has bar sag taken into account if you have a measurement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Heres my kit.

The 668CZ only comes with the 2 back plunger dials, I added the standard style dials recently to fill the “holes”

The 668DZ comes with standard dials and not the back plungers. So essentially I made a 668CZ/DZ kit

I also have 2 extra snugs in there.

Everything else is included. 2 brackets, 2 dials, 2 each 5”, 7 -7/8”and 9” cross bars.

Post Likes
    I own the SKF TKSA-20, is easy to set, accurate and affordable.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Heatingman, I’m going to check out that Mr Shims Kit. I saw the Fixturelaser kit, which was rebranded by some other brands, but it went discontinued. Great find, thanks for the share. Definitely interested in pulley alignment too!

Valdolocc, it looks like the TKSA 20 is discontinued. I checked the other ones out but they all are $5,000+

9. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Wow I'm really interested in that sheave alignment kit. And I'm looking forward to the day that I actually get to align pump shafts

11. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    The pulley alignment kit, they make 2 versions, one red laser, one green.

The green one is a bit more, but it says it works in outside, which I think would be worth the extra, since most belt applications are outdoors.

I know for sure that laser tape measure don’t work in bright sunlight, and they are red.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiler Guy View Post
    Heatingman, I’m going to check out that Mr Shims Kit. I saw the Fixturelaser kit, which was rebranded by some other brands, but it went discontinued. Great find, thanks for the share. Definitely interested in pulley alignment too!

Valdolocc, it looks like the TKSA 20 is discontinued. I checked the other ones out but they all are $5,000+
    Anytime.

I also looked at the Tksa-11 for a while, and other laser kits in general. The price point is decent on the Tksa-11 for sure.

Im not opposed to them, but most are prohibitively expensive for a tool that I would pay for myself.

The Tksa-11 just seems to limited - would probably work for 80 percent of what I see, but I can make the dial indicators work on anything Ive ever needed them to. Sometimes you need to make a custom bracket, or target wall, but it’s manageable.

One of the main drawbacks to me with the laser set ups is how often they make a new version and discontinue the last.

Post Likes
    Digging the Mr Shims deal for the dials kit with the green laser kit. Will probably end up going with that one. Thank you!!

Going to pick up that book as well.

15. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    After having used dials for years, and now using laser kits, I can tell you......the time savings alone will pay for the laser kit.

Last one I did was a 80 hp pump. Start to finish, with cleaning up tools was less than an hour.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast