Post Likes

Need advice on how to hook up air freshener to Nest 3rd Gen Tstat.

Hello all. I just moved into my new home and went to change out the Honeywell for the nests I already had. There was a lot to type but here is a thread I posted over on DIY, but was of no help. I did eventually find out where the orange and brown wire was going. Orange to a 24 vac transformer and the brown to an outside freshener located above my back patio.

Link to DIY site removed.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-06-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Post Likes
    NEST

IS POO

Post Likes
    Did you figure out where the white and purple wires go? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by L-ight View Post
    Hello all. I just moved into my new home and went to change out the Honeywell for the nests I already had. There was a lot to type but here is a thread I posted over on DIY, but was of no help. I did eventually find out where the orange and brown wire was going. Orange to a 24 vac transformer and the brown to an outside freshener located above my back patio.

Link to DIY site removed.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-06-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    NEST

IS POO
    meh... I've had one for over two years trouble free then just added one for the upstairs. Upstairs hooked up fine. It's the downstairs that km clueless on the two wires. It's hooked up now without the wires and running just fine, but if I can figure out if I need those wires then that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Did you figure out where the white and purple wires go? Just curious.
    The brown and white one go out the that piece of equipment above my backyard patio. Which I'm thinking is a fresh air intake device. The orange goes to the 24 vac transformer. Not sure if I needed to trace the purple wire?

Post Likes
    Shouldn't someone report this thread, and have it moved to AOP?

I'm not computer literate enough to do that. In fact, I don't even speak English.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Shouldn't someone report this thread, and have it moved to AOP?

I'm not computer literate enough to do that. In fact, I don't even speak English.
    I tried posting there. Saying I couldn't post cause I didn't have 7 posts but I did.

Post Likes
    You have a really nice Honeywell thermostat that is currently able to operate your system as it was intended and you are talking about downgrading your system by removing some of its functionality so that you can install a NEST... Think about that for a moment, think about it long and hard if you need to, the key is to think about it. You want a NEST so bad you will down grade your system just to use it. I may never understand your reasoning if you choose to do this, but I understand that the Nests marking is clearly working in full force and appears to be quite successful as you are not the only person that I've seen consider this. In my personal opinion I would suggest you leave the Honeywell thermostat and ditch the nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    You have a really nice Honeywell thermostat that is currently able to operate your system as it was intended and you are talking about downgrading your system by removing some of its functionality so that you can install a NEST... Think about that for a moment, think about it long and hard if you need to, the key is to think about it. You want a NEST so bad you will down grade your system just to use it. I may never understand your reasoning if you choose to do this, but I understand that the Nests marking is clearly working in full force and appears to be quite successful as you are not the only person that I've seen consider this. In my personal opinion I would suggest you leave the Honeywell thermostat and ditch the nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well hi there. You must be super annoyed with people who use Nest products? I'm assuming you're old school. What's soooooo bad about using a nest thermostat stat that has a great app that interfaces with my other nest products like the nest hello, nest iq, etc? I like having everything on one app and it's pretty simple to control from your phone anywhere. On top of that it's aesthetic and not boring looking like the plan white Honeywell. Sorry you have a stick up your ass and thanks for your advice.

Post Likes
    Well hi there. You must be super annoyed with people who use Nest products? I'm assuming you're old school. What's soooooo bad about using a nest thermostat stat that has a great app that interfaces with my other nest products like the nest hello, nest iq, etc? I like having everything on one app and it's pretty simple to control from your phone anywhere. On top of that it's aesthetic and not boring looking like the plan white Honeywell. Sorry you have a stick up your ass and thanks for your advice.
    You’d truly be amazed at all the problems that stupid little thermostat has caused us all.
    I guess we should be thankful, the Nest has made us all a bunch of money in service calls to go throw them in the trash and install something else halfway decent.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Remove nest from wall. Take white green yellow blue red brown orange wires wrap around thermostat and a renuzit air freshener and throw down return duct. Nest IS POO.

Post Likes
    Wow...you ask for professional help, get excellent advice from a professional, and respond like that. Nest stats cause a lot of problems...nuisance issues to taking out expensive parts such as control boards. A Honeywell stat will control your system so much better.

Post Likes
    Keep the nest you deserve the headaches

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?