Thread: Trane S9X2 tesp

Post Likes

Trane S9X2 tesp

Just noticed something when checking the temperature rise range on 2 recently install Trane S9X2 furnaces. One was a 40k the other 80k so I was just comparing the range listed on the unit itself when I noticed something new. There have been many threads lately pertaining to static pressure and it surprised me to see something other than 0.5" w.c. I'm not surprised with the new design however i'm sure maintaining a lower than 0.5" tesp will result in overall better performance and longevity.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Do it once, do it right.

It will take as long as it takes, which will be not as long if you let me do my job.

Post Likes
    I’ve seen it listed up to 0.8” on the data tag but unless your willing to deal with noise complaints and short motor/module life don’t put let it go higher than 0.5”. It’s not a solution to poor ductwork

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    I’ve seen it listed up to 0.8” on the data tag but unless your willing to deal with noise complaints and short motor/module life don’t put let it go higher than 0.5”. It’s not a solution to poor ductwork
    Couldn't agree more, there are still plenty of guys who think ECM and variable blowers are a solution to poor ductwork. I call them expensive bandaids. Just surprised they put that on there. All I've seen on residential equipment has been .5 or nothing listed.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Do it once, do it right.

It will take as long as it takes, which will be not as long if you let me do my job.