Post Likes

Why do I have to drill a new whole for wire?

I think this company was onto something. Who cares about the 30 min it took me to clear the line and then tell the resident we have to replace the whole thing next week for X amount of $. I could show you the rest but lets just say the drain line was compromised in several places, all the sheet-rock is bad (resident said it had been leaking for a month....), return is inadequate, return/supply in garage are unsealed, significant amounts of runs on evaporator/heat exchanger (only a few years old), pressure switches on CU are bypassed, door switch was bent, and common wire is broken between furnace and thermostat. This is all I noted in the short time I was there. I know I could find more issues but started to feel bad. They just closed on the house 6 weeks ago.

Atleast they used a matched system and taped the thermostat wire coming out of the pipe....

Name:  20181004_131258.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  20181004_131443.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  77.4 KB

Post Likes
    At first looky I was trying to figure out how a round pipe turned into square. Then I put my thinkin cap on and said to myself that's a round peg in a square hole.
    That's a new kinda stupid. Is there a trap installed ?

3. Likes SuperTech2010 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I'm stuck on 'whole' instead of hole in the title of the thread.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

5. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    At first looky I was trying to figure out how a round pipe turned into square. Then I put my thinkin cap on and said to myself that's a round peg in a square hole.
    That's a new kinda stupid. Is there a trap installed ?
    Roflmao!!!! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Good catch. I may have had a few drinks and was using voice to text and didn't double-check.

No trap installed but it is on the positive side of the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I'm stuck on 'whole' instead of hole in the title of the thread.
    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Theres nothing wrong with running the wire in the drain. Water in the bottom, electrons on top. Who needs stinking building codes. Just think its a alarm system if the drain stops up. Shorts out the stat wires and unit stops. U got to luv it!

Post Likes
    I believe banks require a home inspection around here. Guess not in your area or the inspector was a idiot. I think all you need to become a inspector is a online class

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    I believe banks require a home inspection around here. Guess not in your area or the inspector was a idiot. I think all you need to become a inspector is a online class
    I have never seen a useful home inspector. Have seen high voltage going through duct work they didn't catch, have seen the venting backwards and blowing CO into the house, weather heads busted off, shorting plugs. All kinds of things that might hurt or kill someone. Never trust a home inspector to find any problem that will kill you.

Post Likes
    True. Most of the good ones will still tell you to call a electrician, roofer, hvac guy, foundation guy.

Post Likes
    if properlty trained they do in my state they will write you up for just about anything