Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    So there's no concern of frying the board ?
    So if there was no 3 or 5 amp fuse what would the next thing be to be damaged be? If you do not remember years ago we did not have fuses in the control circuits. All that happened was we were going through a whole lot more transformers than we do today.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Reminds me of a penny to replace a old glass fuse.
    And I believe people left it that way on purpose. I did not say to bypass the fuse and leave it bypassed. If I implied that I am wrong and am sorry.

Post Likes
    Honestly. What pro doesn’t have a “short pro tool”? Mine stays in my tool bag. And I don’t even use it much these days. Of course I made mine. I’m not paying 20 for something I can find in old junker unit. Constant short is easy to find. It’s those intermittent ones that suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTech2010 View Post
    Honestly. What pro doesn’t have a “short pro tool”? Mine stays in my tool bag. And I don’t even use it much these days. Of course I made mine. I’m not paying 20 for something I can find in old junker unit. Constant short is easy to find. It’s those intermittent ones that suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t have one..... never did.

I use a ohm meter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    If the OP had a Short Pro Tool, it would only take a few minutes to figure it out. Had to use mine just this last week, only took a minute to determine it was the compressor contactor. And guess what? I only used the one fuse that was used to replace the bad one, LOL.

https://www.ebay.com/i/173521527155?chn=ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZCXbQLgjaI
    Well thats cool. Never seen one. I do have the Lil popper but that Short Pro Tool looks handy (er)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes

3amp fuse popping on circuit board

Post Likes
    I picked up a 3.2 A breaker for a package unit. I called the distributor and ordered a new one, cost me a whole 3 bucks. It had 1/4" spade connections so I added a couple jumpers, female spade one end, gator clip on the other so I am covered for all connections. It all fits nicely in the small parts tray I carry in my bag.since I can separate the wires from the breaker.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456