+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane heat pump

Post Likes

Trane heat pump

4 ton 16 seer Trane. Forgot to take before pics and no pics of the condenser. Was happy with the way the plenums came out considering the space. It's not metal work, I wish it was. My metal skills are very very limited. Would love to learn though
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Did you start it up yet? Hows the tesp/cfm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It’s was 0.7” and about 365 cfm per ton. On fan speed- “low”

4. Likes Core_d liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I suspected it would be a bit high the way those taper down but at no fault to you. Setting the AH long ways parallel with the roof top may have made better sense. Cant say for sure by the pic.

You are not far from my location and i can attest they want you to stuff these things anywhere.

We have a hospital that if they have a coil leak or blower failure it will be an automatic quote for a new air handle or pull the old one, fix it and put it back. Its just not right.

Post Likes
    Yea I would of preferred to put it on on coffin box on the garage floor but the customer wants what they want.
    Yea if you tell them you can put a bandage on it instead of replace. The bigger corporations are gonna bandage it

Post Likes
    Yea it will be pretty tuff to get any love in the WOP in this locale. Ive been thinking about what would truly be the best system for a customer and ive come up with.... of coarse make duct work right, make unit accessible, those are a obvious.

I say find a unit that meets minimum seer requirements and has a PSC blower, tube and fin coil, hp/lp switch. Change the crappy capacitor to an amrad before you even start it up and get some sort of time induced evap pan treatment.

If you did those things and did a good start up report like take amps and static and leave it by the unit. Like tesp and static across the coil. That would be a Florida WOP To me but im probably dreaming.

Post Likes
    Yea that would be perfect, everything I install now days always have an ecm motor, so I try and install a surge protector with the system because those ecm’s and their boards are constantly going bad from power surge’s. I’m not familiar with the amrad capacitor, what’s the deal with them?

Post Likes
    They are just good capacitors that dont fail.

Post Likes
    So question... if I add another supply and return off of the plenums will that lower my tesp? Because I’m getting some condensation on the unit. I have an 18” round metal on both the supply and return feeding the house now, really need this thing to stop sweating. I mean I know it’s in a garage in St.pete. But I wanna minimize it as much as possible

Post Likes
    Ide say that would be a good idea

Post Likes
    How did you transition from the duct shown to the 18" round. That connection could be adding to your static.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    How did you transition from the duct shown to the 18" round. That connection could be adding to your static.
    The 18" pipe is coming off the back of them plenum, no transition just an 18" collar cut into the back of the duct board

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in