Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SKal View Post
    For exam practice, I used the 1examprep.com online prep course which had more than enough practice tests to allow you to become familiar enough with the books to know where to go based on the question. They are $300 each for the Trade and Finance exams, but sometimes they rung 50% off so you can get both for $300 which is the best deal you will find out there on exam prep. The other thing the prep will explain to you will be how to take the test and test strategy, which is crucial to passing the test.

Just wanted to bump my sub-topic question from earlier we're on the exam topic. For people that have passed the exam, do most people sell their all their exam books or hold on to them for their library? Keep some of them (and if so, which ones)?
    Thank you. How long have you passed the exam?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    This Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    This Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Congratulations. Im looking to sit for the test as soon as im comfortable with the books. I recently purchased all the books and am goinv to begin to study.
    Only 1exam prep?
    Any other techniques you used?

Post Likes
    There are other services out there like contractorcampus.com, and a few others, but those are all more than 1examprep I believe. Do your due diligence since YMMV. Lots of practice tests will help you learn how to get to the information quickly. Time management is critical so test strategy is important (like answering questions one book at a time). I also highlighted and tabbed the books myself based on the info 1examprep provided in the online course. It was time consuming but it helped.

I wouldn't mess around. Spending $80 per exam and a full day in the test room and then failing and having to do it all over again is brutal. Spend some money and get a prep class (online or in person). 1examprep (and the other prep services) offer "in class" instructor help as well, which I've heard helps a lot, but I never did that since 1examprep is in Miami and I'm not close. If you go with 1examprep ask for Peter. He will get you set up and you will be emailed with a link to the online prep course.

Hope that helps!

Post Likes
    I took a "four short weekend " class and found it was well worth the money. The real key from it all that I got is know what books to look in for the answer and get real good with picking out key words and finding them in the index. The index is the key....for me anyway.

Post Likes
    Exactly! Find the keyword in the questions or the answers and go to the index of the book.

Did you hold on to your books or did you sell them all after the test?

Post Likes
    I sold them with all the test questions and other paperwork I got from the program. A little part of me wishes I kept them.....but I like money.

Post Likes
    There are other services out there like contractorcampus.com, and a few others, but those are all more than 1examprep I believe. Do your due diligence since YMMV. Lots of practice tests will help you learn how to get to the information quickly. Time management is critical so test strategy is important (like answering questions one book at a time). I also highlighted and tabbed the books myself based on the info 1examprep provided in the online course. It was time consuming but it helped.

I wouldn't mess around. Spending $80 per exam and a full day in the test room and then failing and having to do it all over again is brutal. Spend some money and get a prep class (online or in person). 1examprep (and the other prep services) offer "in class" instructor help as well, which I've heard helps a lot, but I never did that since 1examprep is in Miami and I'm not close. If you go with 1examprep ask for Peter. He will get you set up and you will be emailed with a link to the online prep course.

Hope that helps!
    Question:
    For example,
    Class b can go up to 25 ton.

1) Is that total tonnage for all the systems on site or just cant any machine 25 tons or higher?

Example: job site calls for 4 systems 7 tons each.

Example: job site has 3 systems 7 tons each and a 4th with is 30 tons.

2) Also is that only install work or service work as well?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool_man View Post
    Question:
    For example,
    Class b can go up to 25 ton.

1) Is that total tonnage for all the systems on site or just cant any machine 25 tons or higher?

Example: job site calls for 4 systems 7 tons each.

Example: job site has 3 systems 7 tons each and a 4th with is 30 tons.

2) Also is that only install work or service work as well?

It's individual equipment tonnage.

Service and install

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    It's individual equipment tonnage.

Service and install

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Post Likes
    Thank you very much for your inputs. They are very helpful. I am debating between doing classes online or attending the classroom. From your experience, would you think that online classes is enough or it is better attending the class in a physical location? Second, my friend took the exam in 2017 and he gave me all the books and now in 2019 some of the books are updated and starting January they will come up with newer editions. Does it pay to buy the new edition or the older should be just fine.?

Thank you

Post Likes
    I bought the books and took a course in Tampa Florida on weekends. I put a lot of effort out to pass the state exam. I suggest not buying someone else's books. Part of the reason is to get you into the books and learn where the info is located. Tabbing is most important. I flew thru the testing and even surprised myself. I took a course from Cam-tech in Tampa. I still have my books and refer to them once in a while. I have not used the math since.
    Doug

Post Likes
    I'm in VA, I took my Journeymans test last year, and went for my masters this year. Passed both the first time. Highlighting key info and using tabs are nice, but the biggest help is just knowing how to use your index. I did do some practice tests online, just googled "VA HVAC journeyman practice test" there should be some for FL too. Just stay calm, use the table of contents, and use the INDEX! It is your best friend taking any exam!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12