Thread: ERV replacement?

Post Likes

Question ERV replacement?

Hello,

I am designing a mechanical plan for a small T.I. project. We are installing a mini ductless split system to serve an office & conference room. We were originally going to have an ERV system that serves the required outside airflow to the spaces but the permitting jurisdiction told me that the space would be except from DOAS requirements.

My question is: How do I satisfy the required outside airflow rates without a DOAS system?

The building is used as a warehouse. The proposed new office space is 900 SQ. ft. total, consisting of an open space, an office & conference room.
    Could we put a small ERV serving the open space and put transfer grilles connecting to the office & conference room?

Thank you for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Not sure of the weather conditions in the northeast, (I’m from the hot/humid southeast) but any time you bring in outside air in cool humid weather, it should be pre-conditioned to remove moisture. Anything else will lead to high humidity issues. Greenheck makes small ERVs for indoor and outdoor applications and Daikin makes a mini split type unit designed specifically for OA pre-conditioning. I'm sure other manufacturers have similar products.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac n-j-near View Post
    Not sure of the weather conditions in the northeast, (I’m from the hot/humid southeast) but any time you bring in outside air in cool humid weather, it should be pre-conditioned to remove moisture. Anything else will lead to high humidity issues. Greenheck makes small ERVs for indoor and outdoor applications and Daikin makes a mini split type unit designed specifically for OA pre-conditioning. I'm sure other manufacturers have similar products.
    Thank you for the information. We are going to select a small ERV to serve outside air to the needed areas.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in