Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I had that twice this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    Did I miss the model # somewhere?
    Is this a voyager or a prescedent?

make sure the machine DOES NOT have a heat & cool call simultanously.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Are there any other similar units on the roof?

If so, swap the CTI boards. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilleg View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently started working on Trane units and Ive been running into a couple of issues. I was working on a train voyager and ran it in test mode. The unit runs perfectly in test mode but as soon as I try to run it by using the thermostat it doesn't work. The only thing that works is the blower motor. This unit in particular has a faded wiring diagram m. Any ideas on what could be the issue or on what I should check? Thanks for any help.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    If this unit has a CTI board, look at the front of the CTI board and make sure none of the components are leaning over and touching another component. CTI boards parts are soldered very high on the board for some reason and can easily be bent over. I had one that drove me crazy. It was just some capacitor looking thing barely touching another capacitor thing. I bent it back and everything worked.

Post Likes
    Dude, I work on Trane RTU’s on the daily. I carry 2 RTRM boards on my van at all times. They’ll usually go into test mode fine but won’t respond to a call. Sounds like you may have troubleshooting a no heat? Anyway, 9 times out of ten it’s a failed RTRM board. Make sure there’s no alarms present, the green led on the RTRM board should be solid. If it’s blinking you have an active alarm. There is no diagnostic code and a very convoluted way of measuring voltage at pins and cross referencing them. It’s easier to just check the safeties and limits then to try and find what alarm it’s throwing trust me, call Trane (if your company has a Trane technical service account, if not you’re screwed there too). So, if you have a solid green led on the RTRM board and no alarms on the ignition board and 24 Vac coming back to the W1 or Y1 terminal but no operation besides fan. I can almost guarantee it’s a failed RTRM board. They’ll usually run fine in test mode and other modes they’ll just fail in either heat or cool modes. I have a lot of experience with this specific failure to the RTRM boards. They update these boards constantly. I think they’re on version 24 or 25 by now and hopefully your local Trane Supply has them in stock as these boards seem to fail more than any other rtu circuit board out there. If you have to order it and wait you can easily bypass the RTRM board. For cooling take wire from Y1(and Y2 if equipped) to the out wire for each set of pressure switches. For heat just need to take the W ( and W2 if equipped) and connect it to the corresponding heat 1 and 2 wires. This will get you by until a new board arrives but don’t leave the unit like this long term. I have never had to bypass RTRM board in heat mode as I live in New Orleans. But you should be pretty easy depending on your experience. Order a few extra RTRM boards if you will continue working on these units. I probably replaced 6-8 in 2018 so far.

Post Likes
    He said it had a CTI board so that would rule out a RTRM.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by VTP99; 10-09-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Post Likes
    bump....you get this figured out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12