Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Sounds like a great place for someone moving up in the field.

In fact, the last place I was sort of imploded, and a co-worker got an opportunity to get into the ultra low temp end of things. I asked him what the wage offer was. He said 70K, but he would need to travel a whole bunch. I told him to go for it.

If for no other reason than to get that extra experience with a different type of equipment. Saw him a couple of times during the following 6 months, and he said he was loving it. Don't have a clue what he is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryostar View Post
    FYI we pay 85% of medical 401k an company contributed pension plan.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Looks like we are talking ultra lows and environmental chambers. Part of the bennies is a temperature controlled environment to work in, in both the heat and humidity of summer, as well as the cold and wet of the winter. I've done a lot of that in the past, and it can be quite a bit of fun.

Two problems. Lack of variety. And PSE would likely think the stuff he was working on was so exotic that his pay should be doubled.

Regarding my comment on lack of variety is only meant that you can get stuck in that groove. When it is more fun to be doing the ultra-low equipment along with rooftop units, along with walk-in coolers and freezers, etc.

The greater variety of equipment you work on, usually equals a greater happiness and job satisfaction.
    I'm not asking for me.. would never leave union and certainly wouldn't leave any place for less than I get now...and I kinda like my company where I'm at lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    HVAC Magician @ UA Local 638

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    I'm not asking for me.. would never leave union and certainly wouldn't leave any place for less than I get now...and I kinda like my company where I'm at lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I know you been trying to move up, no sure if you are aware that the UA has instructed all locals to accept as a journeyman anyone with proven 5 years or more of commercial HVAC experience, proof of employment and a notarized affidavit maybe required.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

4. Likes psehunter liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12