Post Likes

Rigid vs Milwaukee pro press

Just wondering thoughts on each and experiences- also wondering if both offer separate jaw sets for pex. Looking at possibly purchasing cordless one as I'm tired of fighting over them at shop. Also wondering if either brand offers jaw kit for zoom lock out of curiosity DISCLAIMER- zoomlock question out of curiosity only as I am not sold on them and tried one fitting and found the prep time slower than brazing and if you can fit the jaws in there it's probably not that hard of a joint. Zoomlock a whole other topic and can of worms I don't dare open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    We have a dozen or so ridgid propress thru 11/4 with virtually no issues and 5 sets of zoomlock jaws 1/4-1/2. I have never used the Milwaukee so i cannot comment on those.

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    I bought the Milwaukee M12 because: price point, good reviews, Zoomlock RLS jaw compatible, goes up to 1-1/4", is light weight and easy to handle. Had a promo offering the additional 1-1/4" jaw (standard kit doesn't include) and M12 band saw.

The M18 Milwaukee has the ability to do the heavy duty press fittings like black iron gas, and larger industrial piping.

The Ridgid is a good product, but is larger, heavier, and is more expensive.

The M12 is rated at 5400 lbs of force which is 24kN, the same as the Ridgid 241. Zoomlock is only rated at 19kN.

I've used two models of the Ridgid in the past, and they were very heavy, but certainly got the job done. No where near as maneuverable as the M12 or Ridgid 241.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 09-29-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

4. Likes kangaroogod liked this post
    Post Likes
    We have 3. 2 ridgid pro press 330’s and I personally have the 18v Milwaukee. All 3 sets have 1/2”-2”. We also have the mega press set up in ridgid jaws (for black iron water and gas).
    I have personally used the ridgid jaws be it copper or mega press in my Milwaukee tool with zero issues. I just mega pressed some steel lines this week. So as far as I’m concerned the jaws are interchangeable.
    I have used both the ridgid and Milwaukee platform. I like the Milwaukee more so because I can open the jaws and operate the tool with one hand while holding the pipe or fitting or level. The ridgid you need 2 hands. One to hold the tool the other open the jaws. This is only for the bigger 330/340 models. We don’t have any models that only go up to 1-1/4”. Not to mention I believe the Milwaukee is lighter then the ridgid but don’t quote me on that.

I hope this helps.

Unfortunately I can not give you any info about the zoomlock accept I do believe I was told that there were zoomlock jaws that were comparable with ridgid propress platform.

Post Likes
    Yeah the zoomlock compatibly was more of a curiosity. I tried it once- did one fitting and by the time I prepped it "by the book" I was like I could've sweat 5 fittings. More for fire watch concerns

"It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"