Post Likes

My Math on Solar?

Okay; we had someone come by trying to sell us Solar. First thing is it's a twenty year contract and I don't believe the panels will last that long. I did the math. We use 19,857 Kw a year. The difference in solar and utility is 1 cent. That works out to $198.57 a year in savings if I have an average of net zero for the year. I have to pay a flat Yearly Facilities Charge of $114.00 and a flat Yearly Electric Universal Service Charge of $4.32. That brings my savings down to $80.25. Do you see anything wrong with my reasoning on this point.

Also my Average Daily usage is 54,040 watts, about how many panels would I have to have to just meet my average usage with 4.92 Average Sun Hours per day.

Post Likes
    Lower your expectations.

If you don't look at net zero and think more about less than 50% usage with no buy back from the utility. In other words you use everything you generate. I would think that would eliminate your fees, bonus 1, then cut up front costs, bonus 2, and you lower your utilities, bonus 3.

I am looking at a project that PV will cover my lighting at night and maybe some during the day, and thermal to take care of about 25-33% of my heating with the added benefit of preheating hot water in the summer (it will probably do all the domestic water in the summer). I haven't got all the costs back but looking for a 10 year payback.

Post Likes
    I thought this thread was about a solar calculator..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk