Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

Family member on Herion .. is there any cure ??

Hes 24 , really nice guy , works his butt off when hes clean , but hes been in rehab 4 times now , this last time out he promised hed never touch the stuff again , so we got him a job , was living at his moms in the country where you cant get into much trouble , and he was doing good , paying his child support again , and this went on a few months , then all the sudden hes back downtown in the city with his old buddies and we didn't hear from him for a week.

Ended up at his dads laying on the floor with no responses , called 911 , they administered that shot they give them , gave him CPR , and he somehow came back alive.

So his dad says let me take him in. Promises dad wont EVER touch the stuff again. He stayed there a few days helping a guy paint houses making a few bucks , then turns around and steals dads hidden pot of cash , goes and spends it on drugs , dad finds out and kick his ass out , so he was living with druggie friends for a place to stay.

His Mom cant stand it , cant fathom her little boy downtown around all the drug dealers , knowing he would probly OD again , goes downtown and picks him up , carried him back to the country.

Now its been a week , hes been through the crying , throwing up , sleeping , chills , shakes , all that mess , so hes clean again.

Now what …..

He needs to get back to work and pay support , and get his kid every other weekend , and get on track

Is there a cure to Heroin ???

Post Likes
    Unfortunately there is NO cure just the individuals desire to stay clean.
    Hr by Hr
    Day by Day
    Week by Week
    Year by Year.

My sons good friend has been clean for the better part of 3 years but says the urges are still there, he just chooses to ignore them!

Good luck to him!

Post Likes
    There is no cure. He should look into NA meetings in his area. A good support system is what he needs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Whats kind of alarming is he lost about 30 pounds since I seen him last , now skinny as a twig

We have to figure out something

I will ask his mom about the meetings

I know a alcoholic who hasn't drank in 3 years , and what he did was turn to the Bible , which absolutely drives us all NUTS because that's all he talk about now … but no more drinking

Post Likes
    From what I hear methadone helps the withdrawals don’t know how true it is. Supposedly ray charles was addicted and quit without methadone the biggest thing is he has to want to second he has to stop running with the old crowd until that happens everyone is wasting their time unfortunately good luck.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    He needs a good support group...N/A classes several times/week.

Post Likes
    My brother in law has been clean for 30 years. His solution was to move as far from his old "friends" as possible. He then got new friends, a wife and family.

Post Likes
    I think there's a shot that negates the effects of opioids. A friend of my brother's has to take it-court ordered. Apparently, if he tries to take any opioid, he doesn't get high, only sick.
    Seems to be the only thing working for the guy.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    IMO...

The only real cure...
    Is wanting to not go back!

Until the young guy has that planted in his head...

It is just a circle of repeating the same old stuff.

I feel for the situation...
    However until the young lad decides a straight life is what he wants...

Not much we can do.

I wish him the best... hope he gets his head together!

BTW: Just a thought: What is worse: the kid strung out on drugs... or quoting the Bible day and night... grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    The only real hope for change in a life is a one-on-one daily walk with the Creator God. HIS strength is sufficient if you avail yourself of it.

How do you get to God? Through the expression of His love, Jesus. Jesus said come unto me all you who are weak and I will give you rest. Hard part is giving up self and selfish desires. To face daily the onslaught of temptations knowing that HE is able to preserve and protect.

No flaming please..... You did ask the question. I am providing the real answer.

11. Likes icy78 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I think there's a shot that negates the effects of opioids. A friend of my brother's has to take it-court ordered. Apparently, if he tries to take any opioid, he doesn't get high, only sick.
    Seems to be the only thing working for the guy.
    In our yearly 2 hour drug meeting the presenter talks about this almost exclusively. (Im in a really bad area)
    Its been a year now and i cant recall the name of the antidrug, but yes, you take it and you get nasty sick if you try heroin again.
    Be good to call a drug hotline and lay out the issue and get advice.

I agree with what @Juan madera said. However I think that he cant find help that way until he has time to "get it together" long enough to see the real picture., and wants to leave it behind.

Pretty sure Narcan is an at-home first response to overdose until the squad arrives.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO...

The only real cure...
    Is wanting to not go back!

Until the young guy has that planted in his head...

It is just a circle of repeating the same old stuff.

I feel for the situation...
    However until the young lad decides a straight life is what he wants...

Not much we can do.

I wish him the best... hope he gets his head together!

BTW: Just a thought: What is worse: the kid strung out on drugs... or quoting the Bible day and night... grin!
    I heat what your saying, but the worst he is gonna get quoting the bible is punched. If he or she is shooting or snorting heroin, well.... I see a morgue slab in the not to distant future. I live right down the street from a methadone clinic, and people do get better. OP, I hope your friend or friends friend get the help they need, and am sorry you have to witness it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It seem that most people know someone that has been addicted to that crap(heroin). It also seems that it is incredibly difficult to walk away from that shit. I also have a family member that was "on" that junk. And it also seems that many,many people just can not stop using. It is a shame, a horrible shame. And it also seems that many users just keep on using because they "are hooked". And it is a very sad situation that hurts a whole bunch of people that know the addict. I drew the line when my family member stole from me, in my own home. I force him out and refused to allow him back. He has been clean for several years now, and he thanks me for being a hard ass dick because it seem that I helped him in getting straight. I wish you and him good luck!

Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast