Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 352 to 364 of 407
  1. #352
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    62
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Indeed.

    Getting pulled over for not turning on your turn signal, or "touching the white line", etc., while you are "carrying", could lead to more than just a "Minor traffic Ticket", & possibly more than you just losing your right to CCW 2sac.

    Be Careful.
    I recently got my concealed and carry permit. It really is easy to do it's actually kind of scary how easy it is as long as you're not a felon and you can sit in the class for an hour and show up at the range and Fire a couple magazines off in front of your instructor head on down to the local sheriff's department in apply you'll have it in 30 days.
    I do know I would never carry a loaded weapon on my person without that permit as it may jeopardize future hunting privileges as well as the right to purchase a long gun or pistol

  2. #353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,864
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grapdawg View Post
    I recently got my concealed and carry permit. It really is easy to do it's actually kind of scary how easy it is as long as you're not a felon and you can sit in the class for an hour and show up at the range and Fire a couple magazines off in front of your instructor head on down to the local sheriff's department in apply you'll have it in 30 days.
    I do know I would never carry a loaded weapon on my person without that permit as it may jeopardize future hunting privileges as well as the right to purchase a long gun or pistol
    In IL it's 2 days of classroom which includes, I think, 1 hour of range time.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  3. #354
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Likely one reason DDB told you to file a complaint with law enforcement is to create a paper trail.

    Very important in future legal proceedings.
    Indeed BBeerme, Having that Paper trail gives more "Validity" to any action that 2sac &/or his daughter "might" take.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  4. #355
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grapdawg View Post
    Never dealt with anyone addicted to heroine, but know a few people with meth addiction. Tough love is all I see works. They have to truly hit rock bottom and I think everyone has a different bottom. I can only imagine the pain the family feels and how I would feel hopeless if my son were addicted to it and I could not help him. I'm the type who likes to fix things whether it be mechanical or spiritual and when I can't help people it hurts me
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  5. #356
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,864
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    That is Absolutely Heart Breaking 2sac, & it is becoming far to Common in Our Society.
    Seems that bringing up old threads during the "lockdown" has become the norm.

    So fast forward a year. Babydaddy was sentenced to 70 days in prison minus 15 days served for 2 felony drug charges and DUI and 2 years probation. He served 2 weeks and was let out. The day before his sentencing, my daughters car was broken into. The stroller and a bunch of baby clothes were stolen. She filed a police report. Babydaddy lives with his mother. Grandma called today and she and babydaddy wants to see the kid. Told my daughter she could pick up the child support as well. My daughter drove over there with the baby. Babydaddy wasn't home. The clothes that were stolen out of her car were sitting in the living room. Babydaddy shows up, and admits to stealing the stuff because he was upset. He sold the stroller on craigslist. Has fresh needle marks on his arm. My ol'lady is now at the police dept and got him to admit on speakerphone that he broke into the car and stole the babys stuff. He also threatened my daughter that if he goes to jail she's going to be sorry. She's pressing charges tomorrow. He has court in another county in 2 weeks for a paraphernalia charge and resisting arrest.

    It's a shame our criminal justice system is pro criminals and against victims of crime. I will refrain to tell you my real thoughts in an open forum.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  6. #357
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    27,205
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Seems that bringing up old threads during the "lockdown" has become the norm.

    So fast forward a year. Babydaddy was sentenced to 70 days in prison minus 15 days served for 2 felony drug charges and DUI and 2 years probation. He served 2 weeks and was let out. The day before his sentencing, my daughters car was broken into. The stroller and a bunch of baby clothes were stolen. She filed a police report. Babydaddy lives with his mother. Grandma called today and she and babydaddy wants to see the kid. Told my daughter she could pick up the child support as well. My daughter drove over there with the baby. Babydaddy wasn't home. The clothes that were stolen out of her car were sitting in the living room. Babydaddy shows up, and admits to stealing the stuff because he was upset. He sold the stroller on craigslist. Has fresh needle marks on his arm. My ol'lady is now at the police dept and got him to admit on speakerphone that he broke into the car and stole the babys stuff. He also threatened my daughter that if he goes to jail she's going to be sorry. She's pressing charges tomorrow. He has court in another county in 2 weeks for a paraphernalia charge and resisting arrest.

    It's a shame our criminal justice system is pro criminals and against victims of crime. I will refrain to tell you my real thoughts in an open forum.
    Get her and the child away form this ass hole. As far away as you can.

    Good luck. Anything you need PM me.

  7. #358
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,857
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    My cousin went back to jail for 1 year and actually just got back out few weeks ago.

    Im hoping this 5th time in jail will finally change his mind about getting high.

    Im gave him our old mini-van so atleast hes got a vehicle with no payments

    I then let him take some scrap to the recycler and keep the money.

    Now hes getting side jobs doing whatever , like helping a tree guys , painting

    I look on his FB page and see he's slowly hanging out with old friends for lunch or dinner

    I dunno .... that just doesn't seem like a good idea.

    But hes now 25 years old , and we all know you cant tell this new generation of kids what to do ....

  8. #359
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,864
    Post Likes
    She just got back from the police station. Went home to gather receipts and head back. It's a class 3 felony in IL because it was over $500 which garners a sentence of 2-5 years. On top of everything else that is/has already happened, I pray he goes away for the maximum time allowed.

    I feel like a fool. When this happened, the first thing she said is I wonder if he did it. I said as much of a loser as he is, he wouldn't do this to his son. Boy was I wrong.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  9. #360
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,857
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    its not a serious charge , and since they are letting out non-serious inmates , you think they will do anything ?

  10. #361
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,864
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    its not a serious charge , and since they are letting out non-serious inmates , you think they will do anything ?
    I have no clue. I can only hope. With charge after charge...and this is now in a third jurisdiction
    Shes also going thru a "parenting" battle in civil court. He doesn't give a rats ass about the baby. POS stole the F'ing stroller out of her car and sold it for drugs. His mother is behind all the civil stuff. Her lawyer is a friend and is working pro-bono. We are paying for representation. There is a guardian ad litem assigned to the case and she is dead set on men deserving parenting time. Mind you, he hasn't shown up for any of his parenting time. We've requested supervised visitation and drug testing. The GAL has determined that babydaddy's mother is adequate supervision. His mother, the chief enabler. My patience is tried. I cried on the phone to my daughter today and it had nothing to do with her. My little guy deserves much better than the cards he was dealt. He's the one who will suffer. I feel helpless because I want to take him away from all this bullshit and I can't
    This is my little guy on the boat last summer
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 2sac; 03-29-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  11. #362
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,857
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Yea kids definitely pull those heart strings and make you wanna get real with people

  12. #363
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,556
    Post Likes
    Your little guy looks pretty happy, fish not so much, LOL

    If babby daddy hasn't shown up for stuff, not sure he could/should be allowed much. One problem that has been developing over the past few decades is this entitlement mentality. As I was growing up, your rewards came after you put out the effort. No effort, no rewards; you worked for the things you wanted.

    I'm thinking this flipped around entitlement attitude will be a serious contributor to America losing much of it's greatness.

    Not sure how baby daddy should be rewarded until he proves sobriety. If drugs are more important to him than other things in life, then he doesn't get those other things in life. Simple math in my head.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  13. #364
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,864
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Your little guy looks pretty happy, fish not so much, LOL

    If babby daddy hasn't shown up for stuff, not sure he could/should be allowed much. One problem that has been developing over the past few decades is this entitlement mentality. As I was growing up, your rewards came after you put out the effort. No effort, no rewards; you worked for the things you wanted.

    I'm thinking this flipped around entitlement attitude will be a serious contributor to America losing much of it's greatness.

    Not sure how baby daddy should be rewarded until he proves sobriety. If drugs are more important to him than other things in life, then he doesn't get those other things in life. Simple math in my head.
    This shit eats at my soul. The dad entitlement mentality has been exploited. There are plenty of fathers who deserve to see their kids and I truly feel bad for those that don't. But, every case shouldn't be every case. I went thru this bullshit 20 years ago with my own son. I spent 30k out of my own pocket trying to get custody of my son. Didn't work out in my favor but to this day he has nothing to do with his mother.
    My daughter is not my blood but she has been my daughter for 24 years. I love her to death but I'd throw her to the wolves to make sure that my little guy gets what he deserves. He doesn't deserve this. If I could take him away from all this BS I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR