Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Fiberglass insulation is good to at least 850Ί and Kevlar to at least 500Ί - so you're safe in that regard. It was the possible blocking of air flow that was concerning me.

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Poteet View Post
    The thing no shit sounds like a high powered fan now... on both sides of the wall. It just seems too good. The kevlar ballistic inserts i had laying around are rated for up to 9mm and about a quarter inch thick. Im more converned about the fiber glas
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the pics. That is totally fine I would say. The compressor is gas-cooled - not air cooled.

Good job!
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Good to know! Thanks! Well comparing what it looks like with and without it it does add a substantial amount of mass within the unit. Think its enough to cause problems? Fire specifically? The only non fireproof portion is the velcro wrapped around it out side.

Post Likes
    If the compressor ever got to 300Ί - it would be toast. You materials are good for about twice that - so a fire isn't going to happen.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Poteet View Post
    Good to know! Thanks! Well comparing what it looks like with and without it it does add a substantial amount of mass within the unit. Think its enough to cause problems? Fire specifically? The only non fireproof portion is the velcro wrapped around it out side.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    thank you sir.

Post Likes
    Looks pretty good for just stuff you had laying around. Trane used to put sound blankets on a lot of their compressors, not sure what all models come with then any more. As long as theirs enough room around the inlet of the fan shroud I don't see any problems. Good job.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12