Post Likes

Hand Rigging Setup for Light Commercial

I’ve searched through most of the threads on this topic and majority of discussion is around chain falls and come a longs, etc. I would like to see anyone’s setup who works on 25 Tons and Under RTUs. I keep a 100ft 3/8 rope, 75ft 5/8 rope, single and double pulley plus some carabiners. Nothing fancy cause anything requiring more than that I get a crane.

What is the largest part you’ll rope up?
    On a major repair, do you rope everything up at once(recovery,torch,compressor,etc) or do you do it in phases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I also use scissor jacks, hydraulic hoists (ones you would install on trucks) with levelers and warn PullzAll winch (corded AC powered).
    I installed one of the hydraulic hoists right next to the circulation pumps which allowed me to lift them in the air to replace seals. Earlier used the same set up to change the circulation pump motors. Despite needing to bolt the hoist to a platform it is way faster to do so rather then handle 300 lb motors in a different way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    I typically rope everything up at once. Then as I'm done with them needing small items here and there return items to the truck. I haven't tried pulleys yet...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
    I also use scissor jacks, hydraulic hoists (ones you would install on trucks) with levelers and warn PullzAll winch (corded AC powered).
    I installed one of the hydraulic hoists right next to the circulation pumps which allowed me to lift them in the air to replace seals. Earlier used the same set up to change the circulation pump motors. Despite needing to bolt the hoist to a platform it is way faster to do so rather then handle 300 lb motors in a different way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yea I can see it being worth it rolling around with the extra gear if you deal with that type of repair often.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    I typically rope everything up at once. Then as I'm done with them needing small items here and there return items to the truck. I haven't tried pulleys yet...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yea Same here. Pulleys are awesome for the heavier stuff but I though it may take less force to pull up, it defiantly takes more individual pulls.

Post Likes
    10' double strut, 1/2 ton chainfall 16' chain and come along, unistrut trollies, straps and shackels.