Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    No it doesn't.

I sent you this bulletin via email and one that does approve 407C for some limited IntelliPak compressors that I found.
    Thank you!!! I will read it tonight. I always like to educate myself further.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    Trane 3D scrolls cannot be converted. They have a bulletin explaining in. One of my coworkers tried, it was locked up the next day.
    A coworker of mine about 1 year ago converted a 3D Trane scroll compressor to r407c from r22. 3-4 days later it blew out the Fusite terminals. Note: he did not change the oil because some people feel on a packaged unit it’s a close coupled system. The oil will make it back to the compressor.

A friend in another company had to replace a 3D scroll 3x in 2 weeks. Lol
    No lie. I am not inventing this. They finally refilled with r22 with new compressor and it ran fine.

So ever since those situations I was afraid to use anything else with those Trane compressors.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    What is a 3D scroll and why is that?

I have a couple big units that show low super heat converted to r453a, i havent made a thread because i havent done my appropriate home work.

It makes sense in hind sight as the pressure is about 10psi less. At a given temp relation:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is a like explaining to how it got it’s name 3D scroll.
    https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/497...292c29dbc8.pdf

Post Likes
    I couldn’t find Trane’s bulletin, but here’s a description of the issue. I believe Trane will void the warranty if any conversion is done on an R22 3D scroll.

http://www.icorinternational.com/ima...tin_061417.pdf

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help, these were originally blue dan foss scroll compressors, i guess i have more work to do, the other is Carlyle both converted to 453a and both have low superheat. I may need more help with this one....

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help, these were originally blue dan foss scroll compressors, i guess i have more work to do, the other is Carlyle both converted to 453a and both have low superheat. I may need more help with this one....

Can you not adjust the txv? If no txv, then remove charge.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    rundawg,please grace my computer w/ those bulletin's.Thanks.
    Check your email.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    As i suspected it comes with an oil in it. specifically the “super charge” looks like you can just charge it and run, no need to add or change oils. is that the stuff?

how does the oil stay mixed ? Does it have a steel ball inside like a paint can, and you shake it for 1 minute ?

9. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    how does the oil stay mixed ? Does it have a steel ball inside like a paint can, and you shake it for 1 minute ?
    I dont know, think they have been doing it with the automotive cans for a long time.

Post Likes
    I run across it once in awhile, don't think I saved anything to my files. In fact, ironically, in your post you say the same thing I stated, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    The 2012 Trane Bulletin I have on this subject states:

If R-22 is unavailable, a single speed residential HVAC system that is labeled for use with R-22 may be retrofitted for use with R-438A.
    Please note that while R407C is a viable alternative and exhibits close to R-22 performance, it requires a complete oil change to POE and therefore is not considered a “drop in” alternative to R-22.

If you have a newer one, can you email it to me - Thanks.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12