Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by safebustr View Post
    Two ideas, Get a whole house gen set that runs on NG or propane and install it correctly with a transfer switch, and in most cases you won't have to worry about fuel issues. Ours (on our farm in NC) runs on propane and is only 10 kw but it only feeds parts of the house so it will do what we need it to do. Otherwise get a good quality unit that will power just your required stuff like you listed, have a proper transfer system and connector installed for yours and the power companies employees safety, keep it exercised and keep the fuel properly treated and stored so it wont let you down when you need it. I have a 2kw Honda that is over 10 years old and just the other day I fueled it up with gas that is between 4 and 5 years old and it cranked up after about 5 pulls, hadn't been started in quite a while. The trick to this is when I store it I run the genny till all fuel is used from the tank and carb, and I treat my stored fuel YEARLY with Pri-G.
    Generators are a complex subject beyond the depth of a discussion here but many factors need to be taken into account to pick the right one and use it safely.
    I recommend a Honda for several reasons, one of which is reliability and quiet operation, thy ain't cheap though.

Where are you in NMB, we are located near the Grand Strand Regional Airport and just made it back in town today.
    I'm near the NMB private airport & Azalea Sands golf course. Did you have any problems getting back in? A lot of the roads are closed due to the flooding.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    No problems, we came from Albemarle, NC to 74 to 17 and south, about 40 miles further but clear sailing. 74 up at the Lumber river is only one lane due to road being caved off but never had any problems.
    You must be my neighbor, we are just around corner from airport.
    I will have to look you up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by safebustr View Post
    Two ideas, Get a whole house gen set that runs on NG or propane and install it correctly with a transfer switch, and in most cases you won't have to worry about fuel issues. Ours (on our farm in NC) runs on propane and is only 10 kw but it only feeds parts of the house so it will do what we need it to do. Otherwise get a good quality unit that will power just your required stuff like you listed, have a proper transfer system and connector installed for yours and the power companies employees safety, keep it exercised and keep the fuel properly treated and stored so it wont let you down when you need it. I have a 2kw Honda that is over 10 years old and just the other day I fueled it up with gas that is between 4 and 5 years old and it cranked up after about 5 pulls, hadn't been started in quite a while. The trick to this is when I store it I run the genny till all fuel is used from the tank and carb, and I treat my stored fuel YEARLY with Pri-G.
    Generators are a complex subject beyond the depth of a discussion here but many factors need to be taken into account to pick the right one and use it safely.
    I recommend a Honda for several reasons, one of which is reliability and quiet operation, thy ain't cheap though.

Where are you in NMB, we are located near the Grand Strand Regional Airport and just made it back in town today.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Put STABIL in the tank fixes that probem i have never had a problem with mine.
    But i now have a natrual gas genarator by Genarac i love it works flawlessly

Post Likes
    with flooding your enemy, you might build a metal pedestal to mount it to. I have a 7400 dual/fuel by "powermate" bought out by generac recently and I start it once a month or two , if I forget it. I lost a generator to dry main bearing because of inactivity.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    Put STABIL in the tank fixes that probem i have never had a problem with mine.
    But i now have a natrual gas genarator by Genarac i love it works flawlessly
    I have found that Pri-G works better than Stabil for me, I have some regular gas with the 10% Ethanol that I have stored for over 4 years and it still performs flawlessly in my small engines. I started with 25 gallons in 5-5gallon cans about 4 and a half years ago and have been testing this gas in my lawn mower and the 2000 watt Honda gen. So far it works well and I am down to about 2 gallons left. I do re-treat it every year as directed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12