Post Likes

Does a Trane voyager wd150 have any in line filters?

I am working on a Trane WD150 and looking for a restriction. I've already spent way too much time on this thing and can't find it so maybe there is a filter inside the copper lines somewhere that is not obvious. Does anyone know? I'm 99% sure the liquid line drier that has now been replaced was stock so there is probably not another one.

More info incase it helps:

Running in a/c my pressures are around 50 and 300 (410a) about 80 outside and 75 inside. It seems like a restriction to me so yesterday i replaced the LLFD and SLFD, the txv (this was because i was stupid and didn't realize the txv is for heat when i ordered it a month ago). Piston was clear of obstructions. Pressure tested and evacuated the system. Recharged it and absolutely no improvement was made.

Im back today because i was hoping it was an undersized piston because i could see the lines frosting up right where the piston is. But it is the correct .095 size and in the correct direction. Now im just guessing. It seems really hard to believe that there is just a big blockage in the middle of an open tube but i guess anything is possible.

Post Likes
    Nevermind, i found it. There's a screen at the check valve that is very clogged. Now i have a check valve that is taken apart....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ats1986 View Post

Im back today because i was hoping it was an undersized piston because i could see the lines frosting up right where the piston is. But it is the correct .095 size and in the correct direction. Now im just guessing. It seems really hard to believe that there is just a big blockage in the middle of an open tube but i guess anything is possible.
    Did you check the filter screen? That would account for your big blockage in the middle of a tube.

Post Likes
    There's a check valve that has a strainer(screen) in it. You can clean it out with brake cleaner after removing or just replace it.