Post Likes

Trend Tonn8 V4.2 to Trend IQ4E QueueFullException

Hello

I have recently configured meters and switch gear via Modbus 485 to a Trend Tonn8 V4.2. When writing my modbus points to my IQ4E via the Trend driver I am getting the points going into a fault state for a short duration and then going to healthy. Within the application director I am getting the following message. I have tried slowing the polling interval however has had little effect. Has anyone had a similar issue or know what may be causing this issue? The IQ4E is sitting on a current LAN not that I think this is causing the issue.

SEVERE [13:54:37 14-Sep-18 BST][SITE00001_none] /Drivers/SITE00001/L000/O030/points/S/S0144/proxyExt 39767.00 {fault} @ 9 to 39769.00 {ok} @ 9 Could not post write: javax.baja.util.QueueFullException
    SEVERE [13:54:37 14-Sep-18 BST][SITE00001_none] Could not post write for S0144
    javax.baja.util.QueueFullException
    at javax.baja.util.Queue.enqueue(Queue.java:192)
    at javax.baja.util.CoalesceQueue.enqueue(CoalesceQueu e.java:110)
    at com.tridium.basicdriver.util.BBasicWorker.post(BBa sicWorker.java:88)
    at com.tridium.basicdriver.BBasicNetwork.postWrite(BB asicNetwork.java:531)
    at com.tridium.basicdriver.point.BBasicProxyExt.write (BBasicProxyExt.java:217)
    at javax.baja.driver.point.Tuning.write(Tuning.java:3 46)
    at javax.baja.driver.point.Tuning.writeDesired(Tuning .java:270)
    at javax.baja.driver.point.BProxyExt.onExecute(BProxy Ext.java:677)
    at javax.baja.control.BControlPoint.executeExtensions (BControlPoint.java:395)
    at javax.baja.control.BControlPoint.doExecute(BContro lPoint.java:301)
    at auto.javax_baja_control_BNumericWritable.invoke(Au toGenerated)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.invoke(Com ponentSlotMap.java:1871)
    at com.tridium.sys.engine.EngineUtil.doInvoke(EngineU til.java:62)
    at com.tridium.sys.engine.EngineManager.checkAsyncAct ions(EngineManager.java:420)
    at com.tridium.sys.engine.EngineManager.execute(Engin eManager.java:245)
    at com.tridium.sys.engine.EngineManager$EngineThread. run(EngineManager.java:839)

thanks
    Stu

Post Likes
    Post your polling stats.

That driver isn't really that great IMO. Its limited to only 2 polling threads currently and it doesn't take much to overload it. That error is basically telling you there is too much crap in the polling bucket and its spilling over. The new version coming out soon is supposed to support many more threads and fix this issue. There are work arounds but its varying shades of ugly.

Why are you not just pulling the modbus stuff directly in to the jace and calling it a day?

Pretty much the only time we use that driver is when their is no other choice, mainly IQ2 & IQL. Anything else is Bacnet, and that driver preforms far better and doesn't have some of the other frustrations. In the UK where Bacnet isn't enabled by default?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Thanks for your reply, That would make sense as there is 4x modbus 485 Networks on the Tonn with aprox 500 Internal sensors & 150 Internal Switches within the IQ4E.

Reason for doing it this way was due to the fact the client wants to view and log the metering and alarm the switch gear on a 963 supervisor where the building is on current LAN and doesn't have TOPS.

Hmm thought as we were using a Tonn8 utilising the Trend Driver would be the sensible route. Plus not too sure if it would work using the BACnet Driver without splitting the internetwork, then putting in a IQ4NC and having that LAN on IP.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StuGrail View Post
    Plus not too sure if it would work using the BACnet Driver without splitting the internetwork, then putting in a IQ4NC and having that LAN on IP.
    Correct, if its on the current loop Bacnet is out of the question.

Create a second Trend network in the TONN, set it up on another unused CNC port. Then drag over some of the points from the first driver.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Ok Brilliant will give that a crack