Post Likes

1967 Fan Unit Unknown Controls

I work in this school with boilers and a chiller. The water is pumped to the fan units with hot and cold decks. I have attached a photo of these controls. They go to the three way hot and chilled water valves letting water into the coils. I can't seem to find any diagram explaining the ports. 1967 Building. Thank you. Cleveland, Ohio. TK
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Looks like a JCI part. Guessing under the 40yrs of dust, there is a label on top with the part#.

Willing to bet they are just a 3-way valve. Port on the top is controlling the flow between the left/right and bottom ports.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Thanks for answering. I thought you put a diagram, but that's your avatar. The middle one you can see I jumped it with the rubber hose, taking the 15# supply air off the top middle and sending it directly to the 3-way valve to let chilled water into the coil so that I could cool some classrooms better. So the port on the top right comes from maybe a cold deck control that should be telling this valve to send the 15# which it isn't doing without help. Most of part numbers are wore off or gone but I will look. Just the name of the controls would help. Searching VCN and VBN goes nowhere.

Post Likes
    It would be quite the magic trick if I could draw up a diagram of that with just this picture.

Total WAG, those might be being used as an interlock. Keep the valves closed when fan is off, or OAT, maybe switching between econ & CW cooling. Something like that. I would have thought the top middle port is a control signal, not main air. But who knows, could be way off in the weeds without knowing what more of these lines are going to.

Post Likes
    That is very likely switching main pressure for either day/night operation or heat/cool for a 2 pipe system.

Post Likes
    V-6131 Obsolete 12-17-63

Loved 'em

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clogic View Post
    V-6131 Obsolete 12-17-63

Loved 'em
    This right here is why this forum (HVAC-Talk) is so valuable!!! love seeing this, reminds me of some of the late 60's and 70's buildings I worked on in the military!!!you da man! clogic
    IF YOU BUILD IT...THEY WILL COME!!!...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clogic View Post
    V-6131 Obsolete 12-17-63

Loved 'em
    Score! Thanks. Looked high and low for a bit to try and identify it. Given it was from the 60s, I figured the internet was hopeless for something of this vintage.

So as I suspected it is a 3-way valve with the control signal at the top.

"Rubber coated fabric for long life"... I'll second that if these are still working!

Post Likes
    wow ! way to go with finding the JCI sheet for these valves

Post Likes
    Upon further review, the picture in the original post is actually a V-6133.

Loved that one too!

Post Likes
    nice, good to know. cheers