Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    You should run 5 psi to the outside will and then step down to a turbine meter. You can run anything you want after that

Thanks for the info about downtown where I refuse to work. (No parking)
    That's what I have, a regulator right after the riser to a 400kBTU meter and 1" into the house.
    The gas line from the tap by the road is probably 700' to the meter. I asked them to run an 1⅛" line. That way if there is a problem, they could chase it with a ⅝ line and still have enough gas @ 5psi. They did.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Seams it has to be a low pressure system serving 10-12" wc and more then one regulator pit failed. Anxious to hear what actually happened.

Post Likes
    Our local paper is saying that a control room in Columbus is being investigated because they should have been able to see the overpressure, and perhaps had some control over it as well?

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-new...bus/1448950657

Post Likes
    "The federal Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration has reported that the pressure in the Columbia Gas system should have been around 0.5 pounds per square inch (PSI), but readings in the area reached at least 6 PSI — twelve times higher than the system was intended to hold," the letter said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-high-57902520
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12