Post Likes

Question Carrier iVu Control Programs

I have a couple of iVu systems on version 6.0 and 6.5. They have several different models of unitary controller:
    • New free-programmable (UC XP)
    • New application specific (RTU Open)
    • Old CCN free-programmable (Comfort Controller)

And a few types of router:
    • iVu Open Router
    • CIV-CR
    • CCN/Ethernet Bridge

I've done a lot of programming in WebCTRL, but there are a few differences between it and iVu that I'm trying to figure out.

1. Will each of those router types accept Control Programs built with SNAP?
    2. Using the Control Program at the router, can I write to remote points to the unitary controllers? Occupancy, setpoint, etc.
    3. Are EquipmentBuilder, SNAP, and ViewBuilder all included in USB-TKIT?
    4. One of the manuals mentioned getting a non-expiring license (rather than the built-in 2 year license) from Carrier... what is that process?

Post Likes
    1. Yes for the CCN and Open routers, not sure about the Ethernet Bridge (I kind of doubt it).
    2. You should be able to write to remote points in the unitary controllers. If you use a blue Carrier points in the SNAP program and check the box "Enable BACnet Write" it should work. You should also be able to write to points using BACnet Analog and Binary points.
    3. Yes. You can also buy the software only if you already have a USB connection from ALC or Carrier.
    4. I thought the new version 7 did away with the license not 100% sure though. The license update file should be provided for free though, it's nothing you have to buy from Carrier. Other than that if you have a Pro system you can use that license when when you install your tools to prevent the license from expiring.

3. Likes theGAXman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Great, thanks for the info.