Thread: Be careful

Post Likes

Be careful

Just watched a report of a vehicle found at the bottom of a hill along the side of a local highway. Sad to report it was a hvac contractor from pa who had been missing for 8 days. Haven't gotten any details on cause of the accident yet. Just a reminder to those of us who pull crazy hours, driving home or to another job long after we've reached the point of total exhaustion, to be careful. Pull off and take a power nap, find somewhere to get out and walk around, wake yourself up. I've often worried for my dad running some of the crazy calls late at night, sometimes 2 hours each way and not getting home until well into the am hours. I'm still young but I can say I've started to notice the point of total exhaustion for me comes far earlier than it used to. Anyways, be safe. This field is far too under populated with good techs already.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Just watched a report of a vehicle found at the bottom of a hill along the side of a local highway. Sad to report it was a hvac contractor from pa who had been missing for 8 days. Haven't gotten any details on cause of the accident yet. Just a reminder to those of us who pull crazy hours, driving home or to another job long after we've reached the point of total exhaustion, to be careful. Pull off and take a power nap, find somewhere to get out and walk around, wake yourself up. I've often worried for my dad running some of the crazy calls late at night, sometimes 2 hours each way and not getting home until well into the am hours. I'm still young but I can say I've started to notice the point of total exhaustion for me comes far earlier than it used to. Anyways, be safe. This field is far too under populated with good techs already.
    Add to that all the distracted driving that goes on due to cell phones and you have a recipe for accidents. I have several accounts that require me driving 3-4 hour one way. And the times that I don't get a hotel room I soon regret. what works for me is sunflower seeds, pistachios etc keeping your jaw busy.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    I like to stay awake by reading this forum while I drive down the dimly lit highway at night.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I like to stay awake by reading this forum while I drive down the dimly lit highway at night.

Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post

If you use the night reading mode, it helps keep your night vision and it keeps light down so the popo don't see it! Lol
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----