Post Likes

MicroNet Lon VAV Controller

I am trying to interface to a MicroNet VAV controller (MNL-V2RV-3-2).

I can communicate with the controller via Lon and can see the points we need to command.

When I write a 1 to the nviOccCmd the write status shows Occupied but the read status shows Occupied and then a few seconds later it reverts to Null.

What am I missing?

Post Likes
    probably look for something like, nciRcvHrtBt, I believe in some controllers setting that to zero will disable the receive heartbeat checking.
    from your description the controller reverts back because it does not see continuous writes to the input.
    Also in LON when you send 1 to OccCmd, it should put the controller to unoccupied mode.

good luck.

Post Likes
    Correct - 0.
    We have set both the nciRcvHrtBt and nciSndHrtBt to 0.
    We found that if we set the device point configuration (Config/Drivers/LonWork/VAV-1-3/nviOccCmd/Nv Props/Poll Enable) Poll Enable to False we can set the point to ocOccupied it will not revert to ocNull but the nvoOccCmd will not change to ocOccupied (0).

Post Likes
    sounds like something is holding it back, I think one of the inputs can be set as occupancy detect, check see what input2 does or setup as.

good luck.

Post Likes
    Or nciSndHrtBt...CSI/TAC VAV controllers are very similar to those...on the 102-AX the controller won't update certian points unless that value is set to something other than a 0.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    102-AX
    I despise them, garbage.

The manual for these turds, states 0 turns off this feature...but as you say it does anything but. Or am I confusing the receive heartbeat. Those controllers seem to have many weird issues, aka firmware issues...
    Last edited by orion242; 09-13-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    They are confusing to work with and they did have some firmware issues, but they were pretty solid in later editions. Most people never took the time to read the details to understand how they operate. Many things just didn't make sense to me, but once I learned...
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Post Likes
    I suppose once you learn to work around all the undocumented firmware issues, and...

you don't have the ones with the lovely hardware issue where plastic tabs holding everything together snap off rendering it useless.

Ignoring all that, sure there great controllers. LOL.

Have two buildings with hundreds of these turds. Want to take the lon trunks and tie them to the highest metal object nearby and pray for lighting. The day I fill a 40yrd dumpster with these can't come soon enough. That day will come and I'll be taking some to the range for 102 meets bird shot.
    Last edited by orion242; 09-13-2018 at 10:04 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Yes the plastic tabs were poor design, but that same design was used on more than just one manufacturer who re-badged these.

As to the 102AX, upgrading the firmware is a slow process. I've used 1000's with good results. Some of the firmware issues were with certain configurations. A few went 'unnoticed' for years. I say it that way because there's been more than once where I brought up an issue, but claims were couldn't duplicate, settings were wrong, and more...only to find in later revisions/as others complained it was corrected.

There's a number of issues that are/were poorly documented, like stroke time. These were designed for 50 Hz, not 60 Hz, so the default of 230 sec for 90 deg stroke at 60 Hz, drives this excessively unless one changes. For 60 Hz it should be 185 sec, which one can change, but my experience following behind others on most jobs with these installed, almost no one changed that value. Also on these is where I learned about triacs...yep let smoke out. Between this series and the ES series I bet I had more tech support calls/emails than all the other products. We used to joke about the documentation being Swenglish, since TAC was a Swedish company.