Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    There is a barometric damper just for natural draft heating systems. Skuttle makes it. A hole has to be made to the outdoors and a 4 or 6 inch duct has to run to the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Looks like an old Honeywell or White Rogers. We see a lot of older fireplaces with those.

Post Likes
    It's a White Rodgers

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Notice the little tag that says "millivolt only"? That's a clue. Those kind are usually only found on really old systems such as gravity furnaces and gravity boilers. They are powered by a "thermopyle", which is type of flame rod that produces a small amount of electricity when heated up by the pilot flame.

Do you have a wider shot that shows the ancient beast that this thing is installed in?

Edit... After looking at it again I see that modern looking warning lable underneath it, so I guess they are used in newer stuff than I thought. I'm guessing fireplace? I guess that would make sense since this is the fireplace forum. I must have missed that part.

Anyways, it is a millivolt gas valve. Cant tell what make or size or model number from the pic that I see.

Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Looks like a floor/wall heater. They arent only found in very old systems. Empire still makes units with these as does Cozy. Probably a few others too.

It's an older style millivolt gas valve that uses a jumper to power the pilot valve from external terminals. Most newer valves use internal connections to prove the flame voltage.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    I dont think the gas valve is the problem looking at that, unless it cant be adjusted. it looks like a lack of combustion air and flame impingement. maybe a cleanliness issue, too

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Told ya, and that's not an approved nor a safe fix.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12