Post Likes

How do you properly setup compressed air for shipment at barges?

As the thread title implies. I'm trying to ship specifically r134a 30 pound genetron, a small mc tank of actylene in a tote, oxy 20 in that same tote, and empty recovery tank. Young brothers doesn't quite know enough to tel me exactly what is needed to make sure these are "packaged correctly".

One girl told me that I should get my MSDS sheets and they will check them when I get there.

Is there a way to check "translate" these sheets? I look under transportation for each MSDS sheet and all I see are numbers and classes etc. Please help!

Post Likes
    By "ship", do you mean by a carrier such as UPS or a freight company? If so, call them and ask. They should know their own requirements and all legal requirements. If Young Brothers is the freight company you are dealing with, try another one.

Post Likes
    The 30# bottle should be in a dot approved carton, disconnect your regulators and fill out your bill off lading as hazmat they should be shipped up right. Contact airgas or whoever is your supplier they should be able answer any questions.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

4. Likes lunalilo liked this post
    Post Likes
    Just buy new when you get there, then sell them off when you are done, it will be cheaper.

6. Likes lunalilo liked this post