Post Likes

Ice build up on TRUE T-49F Middle door frame

I bumped in too a True T 49F reach in freezer. This is for a person that I know and mentioned that the door is sticking and gets hard to open due to pieces of ice build up in the middle of the frame where the doors meet. I checked the door gaskets and they seem fine I checked for cracks and none. I checked for doors to shut properly and they do, I知 not a refrigeration expert I chose to just stick to commercial only service. I知 just trying to help out this person I know. I tried looking for service literature and couldn稚 find any. Any suggestions.

Post Likes
    Door perimeter heaters keep this from happening. The door heat prevents ice build up. That痴 the first place I would check. Also if there is a foam void in the center mullion it will cause this but bet on perimeter heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Ok now I noticed two wires going up each door in the bottom where you have your condenser. A black and white one, im guessing those are for the heaters. When do those energize or do they always stay on. And about how many amps do they pull? And are they a pain to repair?

Post Likes
    YEs there always on at least on the older ones not sure what the doe yo-yos are demanding now. As far as amp draw it’s less than 1a check voltage,and ohmning is your best bet.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

5. Likes trippintl0 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Wires by both doors sounds like door heaters. There is also a frame heater. Wires are in the control box not exposed.

Post Likes
    There are only perimeter heaters on the cabinet. There are no door heaters. They should draw less than an amp per heater. 5-7 watts per foot typically. Fix the heater and your good to go.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bworth74 View Post
    There are only perimeter heaters on the cabinet. There are no door heaters. They should draw less than an amp per heater. 5-7 watts per foot typically. Fix the heater and your good to go.

How do you know that with only a model number?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Appreciate all the help. To everyone