Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    This means dont set it on dirt. Directly on the concrete floor is ok since the thickness of the floor is 3" above the dirt below it.
    Lots of good discussion, your response makes alot of sence, goes to show the codes can be confusing at times and can be interpreted differently amongst people.

I will consider blocks in the future, will also definitely push more drain pans. Would like to just include pans and drains but margins and competition is already so tight on water heaters, many don't even pull permits which already puts me $90+ more than competition.

2. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Three pieces of 3" PVC pipe cut accurate and square on a miter saw does a really nice job of keeping the bottom of a water heater dry.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I would rather pay your company the extra money to know you did it right and pulled a permit to do the job then pay some fly by night company less and get a not to code job

Post Likes
    until it gets old and cracks and the water heater falls the 3 inches and floods the place i would never trust the weight of a full water heater on any thing plastic

Post Likes
    IPC says that on an unfinished floor in an unfinished room the water heater needs neither a pan nor a stand. The relief valve STILL needs to discharge into an observable and obvious area.

Which is the New Version of the "Like Button".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

9. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Done it for years, works awesome. No UV in a basement, PVC holds up pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    until it gets old and cracks and the water heater falls the 3 inches and floods the place i would never trust the weight of a full water heater on any thing plastic
    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nice install. I like the isolation pads under the unit. Not something you see installers doing all the time. The lineset work on the exterior is nice and clean. Have you considered painting the armaflex with a UV paint so it will last longer? And you duct sealed the new duct sections, nice. Owners definitely got their money's worth.

Have you looked into an all brass dielectric union, available at the same vendors you use. The zinc side of the copper to steel union you used may be what causes them to plug up.

Post Likes
    That install looks good. I like to look at other peoples work for ideas to improve mine! Some of the metal work I see makes me shake my head (including some of my own that I'm not real proud of). On the WH topic, I've done some with a 24 x24 plastic condenser pad, 2" or 3" high. Makes a neat looking install, I've seen old heaters in damp basements rust through from sitting on bricks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Hernandez View Post
    Nice install. I like the isolation pads under the unit. Not something you see installers doing all the time. The lineset work on the exterior is nice and clean. Have you considered painting the armaflex with a UV paint so it will last longer? And you duct sealed the new duct sections, nice. Owners definitely got their money's worth.

Have you looked into an all brass dielectric union, available at the same vendors you use. The zinc side of the copper to steel union you used may be what causes them to plug up.
    I will look into the all brass dielectric unions, as for the lineset I've never considered paint however have been considering a uv wrap or even line hide in a installation like this. I will vouch they definitely got there money's worth. Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Hernandez View Post
    Nice install. I like the isolation pads under the unit. Not something you see installers doing all the time.
    Best thing is they don't hold/wick water like block or bricks will.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
    Best thing is they don't hold/wick water like block or bricks will.
    True, but, .... If this Equipment were installed in an area, that had that kind of moisture on/ in the concrete floor, .... Wouldn't it be "Prudent" for that Issue to be discussed between the contractor & H.O., prior to the Installation?

In My Belief, the amount of water that would "wick up" in to bricks/ concrete blocks, would also pose as a Potential Problem to the Furnace.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    True, but, .... If this Equipment were installed in an area, that had that kind of moisture on/ in the concrete floor, .... Wouldn't it be "Prudent" for that Issue to be discussed between the contractor & H.O., prior to the Installation?

In My Belief, the amount of water that would "wick up" in to bricks/ concrete blocks, would also pose as a Potential Problem to the Furnace.
    Alot of old basements(generally from the 1940s and before) here are NEVER truly dry. They always have alot of moisture coming up through. Doesn't hurt the furnace/WH as long as it's isolated. We refer to them as Michigan basements.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast